1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New setup for clearing sidewalks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Landcare - Mont, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

So the operator will need to weat a snowsuit and goggles, I guess

Kubota F3680 - 1.jpg

Kubota F3680 - 2.jpg

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Just don't blow, (or spit) up wind.

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I've seen cabs for those or even make a frame and add some lexan.

4. Landcare - Mont

Oh, we know you can buy a cab or make a cab but the blower cost over $5,000 and the contract's not worth much more than that including all the asphalt and walks. A snow suit and goggles are much less outlay.

Besides which, I'm not driving it. :)

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Definitely! Anything would be better than sitting there all open. At least with a WB snowblower you can duck if the wind picks up and blows back some snow. With that you're taking the brunt of it head on. Dressing appropriately would certainly help and it is a real cool rig!

6. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Nice setup! Some tubing and lexan on the front would be an easy fix. It would be slightly more than goggles and carhartts. Anything to block the wind, even a soft side. You might not be the one running it, but you might have to listen to the one running it.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking sidewalk rig does it get good traction?

8. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

so not going with the plow on the mower idea? Thumbs Up

i would consider something around the driver tho. think about employee performance.

9. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Is it four wheel drive?

10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

You may be driving after the first storm............

11. Landcare - Mont

It is a 4WD and does well on wet grass on slopes but I guess we'll have to wait until it snows to find out for sure.

I'm sure the operator would appreciate all your concerns for her comfort but, believe it or not, this machine is set up to work mainly on one contract only (has to be a blower not a plow because of the locations of the walk) and should take not longer than 1 hour each time it needs to be done. The other 3 men on the shovelling crew will be out there with walk-behind blowers and shovels. They won't feel sorry for Laurie. Not only that, she volunteered for the tractor-driving job. Go figure - women!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  12. bob ny

bob ny Junior Member

hOW DOES REAR STEERING WORK BLOWING SNOW ?. YOU ARE MOVING THE TRACTOR NOT THE BLOWER.. yOU MAY KNOCK DOWN THE WALL ON A TURN bob w.

13. Landcare - Mont

New rig - waiting for snow to find out how it works. Hopefully, we'll stay away from the walls and won't be traveling fast enough to knock anything down.

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking sidewalk rig but, it definitely needs a cab or the operator is going to get covered wit snow.