1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new season, different truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 85 Toyota 22R, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

I'm sure you all remember when i converted my 2wd s10 to 4wd last year http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=72455 and it was great for plowing but then I decided that it needed to be straight axled and lifted 14", needless to say the pimp 10's days of plowing snow are over. I was at a loss for what to use for a plow truck since I sold my powerstroke, I had nothing lined up to plow with for this year. Until I heard from a friend who knew a friend blah blah blah....who had a 97 zr2 extended cab 5 speed for sale, (the exact truck I wanted).
    Needless to say a few days later I had a nice platform to start with. I wish I took some pictures of when she was brought home. The paint was as cloudy as the flares look, but a little buffing and waxing got it back in presentable shape. It had the front differential out when I got it, so I got a new one and put that in along with rebuilding the whole front suspension, new brakes all around,changed all the fluids etc. Then I had to modify my already modified mount to work on the zr2 frame, while I was at it i went ahead and powdercoated the mount. Got a cheap led lightbar off ebay, then I threw on a 2" body lift and should have new copper stt's on her on Saturday. All that is left to do is herculine it and enjoy plowing this winter.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

cute little fella :) and that plow looks tiny lol
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

thats one heck of a driveway rig....looks nice man
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice and good luck
  5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice truck. Where in IL are you?
  6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

lets see some pics of the lifted truck
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

wow you don't mess around. looks great. good luck
  8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I just noticed the right rear wheel is different, why?
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I want a small sno-way like that but idk if my truck could do it....only being 2wd
  10. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

you could do it just pick ur accounts wisely. get nice flat drives or lots and put like 700# in the bed ull be fine
  11. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Im located in Streator IL. It had a different wheel on the right rear because those are my junk wheels and tires, she now has 4 matching wheels with 31" cooper discover stt and I'm happy with them so far, I had the st's on my ford and liked them but wanted something a little more aggressive, plus it was buy 3 get 1 free and a $75 rebate on top of that so I couldn't go wrong.
  12. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

very cool set up! what kind of LED light bar is that? Looks good!
  13. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Nice truck, also interested in the bar lol
  14. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

it Is CUTE... The plow makes your truck look huge!!!
  15. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Sorry It took so long to reply, the bar is just one of those $150 eBay specials not the greatest, water would get in it even for the short time I had it on the truck. I ended up selling the truck already, some kid offered me way more then I had in it and I kept everything I put on it so I figured I might as well dump it.

I also made some wings for the little snoway and now its an 8 footer. Little over kill for an s10 but at least now it'll cover the tires. Now just need another s10 to put it on....