1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sand/Salt shed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Got my new sand/salt shed about finished.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

More pictures of the building.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

That looks great. Where did you order the span ?

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

How do you get the plastic over the top? I see you scaffolding but it doesn't look like its tall enough?

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great Dean, you'll have to post up some updated fleet pictures soon. If we ever get any snow that is!

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

It is a clearspan, got it through Teksupply, one of their suppliers. I'm pretty sure Clearspan is a sponsor on here.

We laid it out on the ground beside it and ran ropes up over. Tied them to the canopy and hauled it up over. Actually was probably the easiest part of the entire building process.

Thanks!! I will post some when I get everything together in one spot! lol

7. LogansLawnCare

LogansLawnCare Member

This is badass! how much are you going to be storing in there at a time?

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

This year I'm putting in about 150 yards of sand/salt and 30 ton of salt. it can hold more than that though.

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Looks great. Installing ours tomorrow, same brand. Any tips? Also did u mount the bracket on top of your binblock or on the side.

10. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Yea could you take a picture of how it's mounted to the blocks.

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Beautiful shop and coverall!

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

The 4 corner mounts on top of the blocks, whereas the rest of them mount half/half (half on side/half on top). I would recommend laying out ALL of the components so you are organized and certain you have everything. They sent the wrong size anchor bolts and didn't send a couple other components that we had to figure out an alternative.

Have plenty of staging/ladders/lifts/etc. This was a 4 day process. Unless you have a big crew, I doubt you'll do it in one day. Also, be sure you don't cut the cables too long, as there is barely enough. There was a ton of extra cable clamps, but no extra self-tapping screws. Plenty of tape for chaffing protection. You will want at least 6 guys for pulling the canopy up over. First, throw ropes up over, tie to the canopy and pull up. Have 2 guys just for tending to the canopy to be sure it is not catching on anything.

It's dark here now, but I'll run out in a few to try and get some pics.

Thanks!! :waving:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  13. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Guess I had one already.

10.jpg

14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Looks sweet

15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

You're a braveran than I. We rented a boom lift foe a week and were really thankful we had it.

They sent us the wrong sized concrete anchors too. They responded to their survey and comped us a few for the hassle bur apparently they havn't learned from their mistakes

16. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Oh I certainly wasn't climbing up there!! I had hired a contractor to put it up for me. I've been laid up anyway from a surgery a couple weeks ago (no lifting for another month).

Thankfully we discovered the wrong size before we started so they overnighted the correct size. So I have a whole box of the wrong size for free!

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The sand shed looks great Dean. Are you still using your John Deere tractor to load with?

18. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, lets see a pic when it gets full.

19. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Do you know what type of winds this thing can whithstand ? Trying to figure out what I can put up here.

20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have to ask why not go higher with blocks so u can hold more
    You spent a lot of money and time on that it looks great but I would have went 2 or 3 more rows higher on the blocks so you can store more or pike it higher and keep machine out of rain or snow
    Also no corner blocks
    Did u double up back wall with seems all linking up might have some issues when piling salt up