1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SaltDogg SHPE1500 Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 10elawncare, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

Heres a few pics of my new spreader.... I took a few to show the space between the spreader and the cab. My toro snow thrower fits in there perfectly. Also a picture of the spinner mount, air bags and truck.

Sander 005.jpg

Sander 007.jpg

Sander 014.jpg

Sander 031.jpg

Sander 021.jpg
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

any better pics of the spreader?
  3. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

Yeah, a dead on side shot would be great. Nice looking truck
  4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Very nice spreader I just bought one this year. How do you manage to get a snow thrower in there. I have a 21 sigle stage and want to put it in there, but I dont want to scratch the side of the pickup.
  5. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

its not a snow thrower by the looks of it
  6. 10elawncare

I will take some more pics when I take out the blower next time. I suggest building a frame to lift the blower up so its easier to take in and out. Otherwise it gets suck on the side of the bed. I will grab a few pics next time I go out, which might be tonight.

Thank You jimaug87.

Any other pics anybody would like to see? spinner,auger, etc... let me know.
  7. 10elawncare

got some pics of the blower in the truck... also the new dent in the truck.... so maybe that blower doesnt fit that good.... I was in a hurry to get it into the truck and kinda threw it in and poof... a new dent & scratch!

Sander 046.jpg

Sander 041.jpg

Sander 048.jpg

Sander 049.jpg

Sander 056.jpg
  8. 02DURAMAX

get some good side pics of the truck and spreader.
  9. 10elawncare

heres a few, I didnt have enough room to get the entire truck. when I bring it to the car wash tomorrow I will take side pics and everything else. park in a big empty parking lot and get a 360 of the truck.

Sander 023.jpg

Sander 033.jpg

Sander 064.jpg

Sander 063.jpg

Sander 053.jpg
  10. 10elawncare

Thats the tarp that comes with the spreader, not cheap either, its pretty thick material. That last pic is how I get the blower out, I rest it on that and tilt it towards me and lift it out. I suggest building a frame for the blower to sit on to lift it up. Like I said, when I clean it up I will take a bunch more pictures.

While on the subject of dents, heres one I put in the brand new $600 garage door....

Sander 061.jpg
  11. 10elawncare

Luckily its my garage so I dont have any explaining to do.... just got the dang thing a few weeks back too. Trying to back up the trailer the first snow storm, slid........another dent.
  12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

that spreader looks Awsome

hwo do you like it
  13. 02DURAMAX

truck and spreader look Great!

How does the salt dog work?
  14. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

You need a prorack or a back rack. You can use it for more things besides preventing dents in your truck .
  15. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

What kind of mix do you run in your spreader? I mostly use 75/25 sand/salt, it works pretty well.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

2 inches more and the poof would have been the rear window.:eek:
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks really nice. I see one guy around here that has a Salt Dogg spreader pretty similar to that one.
  18. 10elawncare

- Thank You and after some adjustments I love it !

- It works really well actually, at first with a 75/25 sand/salt load it wasn't coming out at all. but after taking the rear auger cover off it was throwing it out too much and I had to turn the auger down to "2". With straight salt it works just like any SS spreader I've seen.

- Too late, lol. I always wanted one, just never wanted to shell out the clams for it.

Same or Magic Salt or Blizzard Wizard (same thing, just a little bit cheaper)

- Believe me I know! I much rather have a dent and scratch then replacing that window. The truck has enough dents and scratches now that I just really have stopped caring about it.

Thank You everyone. I'll try and get some pictures of it in action.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009

Where can i find a saltdogg dealer in ct.
  20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that truck looks like a pain in the a** to backup. nice setup tho.