1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Salt truck/Plow truck/ Hook truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SNOWLORD, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Well I have been searching for this for quite some time but got her home yesterday: 2001 Freightliner 4x4, 8.3 Cummins, Allison Auto,14K fronts 23K rears, 22.5 rubber, 12 ton Stellar hook lift, 6 yard salter, 11ft poly plow, live hydraulics front and rear. It will turn nearly as short as an extended cab pickup. I can have the salter off and a 20yard box back on in less than 5 minutes. Plowed with it last night got stuck hit the 4x4 button and walked out. I think this will be one of my most versatile pieces. The best part is that a friend of mine has 5 roll off boxes that fit it and I can get them for next to nothing. When I was unloading it it was so froze to the trailer that it took alot of effort to get it free. The driver said he went thru a terrible snow storm on the way here then hit cold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that truck is awesome! one thing though, with the legs on the back, won't water collect around the front of the V box and cause it to rot out much quicker??

3. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

There are legs on the front as well just folded up now. The salter will be stored inside anyway. I plan on plowing during the storms, with salt on board then salt, then run back to shop and hook a 20 yard box and go haul snow all night. Plus use the boxes for everything else we do as well.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. That hook lift deal seams to be very veritile.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nicr truck good luck with it!!

6. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

sweet rig. that thing will make you tons of money. love how you can drop the salter to makes extra money hauling with it. good luck!

7. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

awesome truck. The hooklift is definitely the way to go being able to switch bodies in such a short time. Good luck with it.

8. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Same princable. only in a smaller scale. I love my hook lifts. I run 2 of them.

winter 2004-5 027.jpg

shuttle sander.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Dwan, how have you been? Haven't seen you on the forums in forever....you still over at HEF?

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You're going to really love that truck...nice purchase-congrats.:drinkup:

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks guys I definately think it will be a good addition to my equipment. Picking up some boxes for it tomorrow.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking truck, you don't see many 4x4's.

13. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I looked for 5 months before I found this one. I figured out that if you want a 4x4 you need to shop where there are mountains. haha

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good thinking. How many miles on her?

15. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

90,000 miles Everything works well lots of options.

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I never even you you could get 4wd in a truck of that size... What did you pay for it or what are trucks similar to that worth if you dont mind me asking

17. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Does that plow need a snow flap when it rolls almost 180 degrees? Awesome truck though.

18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is one nice truck. I would love to have a set up like. The versatility of that piece of machinery is unbeatable and you are going to make a lot of money with it in the future. Nice buy.

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks one of the coolest rigs I have seen on this site! Very Nice and Enjoy!