1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new salt shaker

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sangerlawn, Dec 6, 2009.

1. sangerlawn

sangerlawn Junior Member
    from indiana

This is first year to salt. Bought sno-way salt shakers. How do I know what setting to use compared to driving speed. Dial is from 0-10.

Also, they do not have any kind of shut off except manually, I was told that when I stop the spreader the salt would stop droping. Is this true and if so does it drop very much salt when driving down the road?
  2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well I can tell ya from my experience with my boss spreader you should shut it as it will trickly out as you drive and every bump you hit! I lost 40#'s the other day I think im gonna send the county a bill for salting their roads !!!!!

Mine is also a manual shut off and Im gonna look in to modify it to close and open with a on/off switch some sort of ram system...
  3. sangerlawn

sangerlawn Junior Member
    from indiana

lol..yea i was worried about lost salt...thanks for the reply