1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Salt dogg shp0750

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plow4u, Sep 27, 2010.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Just a quick question on salt dogg controllers. I just purchased a SHP0750 on Friday and noticed the controller is a black controller with a large relay type box attached to it and is digital. In looking I located several Buyers replacement controllers that resemble the old meyers with the dial on them. Which is the newest and most reliable. I don't see any jam or overload lights on the digital one and the box attached to the wiring is bulky. Any help cause this is my first Buyers and have run trynex tailgates in the past for the last 15 years just needed a little more capacity and like the auger system. How are these spreaders?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. plow4u

kind of disappointed with the large relay box hanging off of the back of controller. Wanted to do a professional install with the controller but its hard to with a separate box hanging there

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

KIck a PM to smoorman and ask his suggestions. He's the Saltdogg Guru around here:nod:

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

He did a few days ago, and I just got back to the office today after being off-line for a while. Sorry for the delay.

The controller with the relay box is the newest controller at the moment - the relay module protects the controller from surges in the truck's electronics.

Scott

6. plow4u

thanks smoorman

Thanks for the replys smoorman