1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Salt Cover-All Building

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Patrick34, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a brand / company that manufactures the salt storage cover-all buildings? I was researching CoverAll brand, and it appears they went bankrupt. I have seen the brand ClearSpan.

If anyone has a good experience with a particular brand / manufacturer I would certainly appreciate the input. We are in the process of trying to order a cover-all type unit for our yard. Thank you for any input.

2. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

My Farm Tek catalog has about every type you could ever want, not sure of the quality but have heard they are ok to deal with.

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

try this place, they have tons of differant styles and sizes, teksupply.com

4. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

New Order

Well, we just ordered our new salt cover building. 30 wide by 60 deep. Tentative install date mid-september. We went with a company that uses MegaDome brand. I looked at one of their recent installations for a municipality, looked like pretty good quality. I will post pictures when done.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious what that is going to run you if you don't mind my asking. We are currently in the process of building a 50'x50' which is going to cost somewhere around 17k

6. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Sounds a little high by comparing my numbers....

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

what company did you deal with? the 17k is for a 50X50 with a back panel

8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Maybe not....could be he's including the entire structure.

9. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

My partner has all the paperwork and numbers and he's out of town the past week so I don't have all the details. I can tell you we prices from a few cover all building, and also priced wood frame construction. It was figured with 3 building blocks high on 3 walls. The only variable that could change the bottom line for us is how much of an approach to poor to the building. Right now we're at 14-15k. Also we are building it ourselves so if your getting your built it's probably right. I'm just not sure I want to have to replace the cover every few years so we're probably gonna just build it.