1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New salt bin.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowpro1, Dec 12, 2009.

1. snowpro1

snowpro1 Member

Just finished a new salt bin. 10x20 Garage tent on top. 2 rows of block (5') tall. Should be able to get about 75 yards in it.

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

nice, looks good snow pro

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I have the exact same shed right down to the building. You stole my idea!

4. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

looks real good! Your plate is falling off the loader fyi;)

Freddy

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I wish I had something like that for my trailer.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking shed but I think 75 yards is going to be a very tight fit.

7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I'd run some 1"x6" for extra support up top there. The 4' span is too wide. The last load of concrete that fell from the sky made my shelter like that bow pretty good.

Great idea thou.

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I want to build something like that. But I gotta get some bigger salting accounts first.

9. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

You better put something up so no one comes in at night and steals the salt.

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Very tight. :nod:

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is the perfect setup. I need one just about that size and I would be set. Good Job!!!

13. snowpro1

snowpro1 Member

Thanks guys! That's 25 in it now. Gonna stack it high and a little outside.LOL

14. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

We've got one like it too. We almost lost it during the 40+ mph winds on thursday and friday. Added a bunch of ratchet straps and drilled the concrete anchors a lot deeper. I guess we need to over do it with the winds we get around here.

15. snowpro1

snowpro1 Member

I was going to just blast it into the block with a hilti, but I think anchoring it w/straps at a higher point on the tent is a little more secure, just dont over tighten them.

16. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Looks like you did a good job with the anchoring straps. We drilled the concrete for some heavy anchors and put 2 bolts at each metal post but with that kind of wind it just couldn't take it. We drilled them a lot deeper and added the straps like you did so I think we will be ok now.

17. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

is that a chevy hhr with a light bar on the roof ?

18. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

Very nice shed. It looks like that loader will barely fit when scooping the salt out of the way back. I have a setup like that at my shop for storing pulverized topsoil. I think that you should be okay unless you get a lot of snow on top of it. Good luck.

19. snowpro1

snowpro1 Member

Yeah... that's my little 30 mpg pick up beater. Love it.

20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

looks good. a couple straps in an x across the back would help keep it from wracking in the wind.. we've got a couple of those buildings in real windy spots. usually end up boarding in the ends