1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New salt bin.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Landmark1, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

I will post the pics of it finished on tommorow. Plow rebuild 070.jpg

Plow rebuild 073.jpg

Plow rebuild 078.jpg

Plow rebuild 079.jpg

Plow rebuild 070.jpg

Plow rebuild 073.jpg

Plow rebuild 078.jpg

Plow rebuild 079.jpg

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Looks good, are you planning on putting a coverall over it?

3. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

No we demolished a carport that someone backed into so we salvaged the roof and we are using that.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Salt Bin

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Perfect.............................................

6. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Looks real good, plenty big enough, I just built one, it is working out real well. I paved the floor and happy I did. The ground isn't frozen solid yet and I would be picking up stones with my salt, plus I think you will loose less salt from the ground being wet. You could have a hard time getting pavement down this late in the year, when I did mine I had about 30 minutes to get the roller on it before it set up. Taller is better so you can get a truck in inside and a loader. I own a EX60-3 about the same year as your 100 and it has been a very good machine to me. Mine needs a paint job like yours looks real good.

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

that thing looks sweet, i cant wait until i land more commercial accounts next year.

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

where do you guys get your blocks from? when we buy some property for a shop, i want to make a couple bins for mulch and salt. I havent looked into getting the blocks yet though.

9. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Nice looking salt bin. We built ours last year with 6"X6" landscape ties and 3/4" press board with a paved floor. It doesn't look as nice as yours, but it gets the job done. We have 35 tons of treated salt in it now. It could fit about 15 or 20 more tons, but the way it has been in NJ the last 2.5 years we will be lucky to use what we have.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

looks nice. Any idea what the blocks weigh?

11. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

How many blocks did you use? Looks good.

12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Did you get a permit?
    lol

13. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

Here are the pics of it finished. Well half finished we still have to put half of the roof on but its been raining the past few days. Plow rebuild 001.jpg

Plow rebuild 002.jpg Heres the old bin filled with about 80tons.

Plow rebuild 003.jpg The blocks each weight 3800lbs.

Plow rebuild 001.jpg

Plow rebuild 002.jpg

Plow rebuild 003.jpg

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Thant looks good but I thought the top would come over more to keep all of it out of the weather? Alot of the of the sheds that are posted seam very nice but don't keep the material completly dry I would think if anyone is going to the trouble to make a shed it would do that function and not partial or be wide open so snow can blow in.

15. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

That's me.

16. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Looks very nice, how much did pay for the blocks?

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If your using salt everytime it snows, who cares?