1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New rims on my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, May 28, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Just got the new rims put on yesterday along with some 33x12.5x18 kumho kl71's that I already had. The stock conticraps had a recall on them so they ordered me 5 new tires that I will sell when they come in. The rims are XD spy 18" with gloss black and machined finish. I know the tires are a bit small but I already had them, when these go I will be mounting a set of 35" tires on these rims. I think this setup gives the truck a sled pullin look though.

I also have an afe dpf/doc delete, h&s mini maxx with KEM's full 7 tune sd card (up to 345hp) and an afe pg7 drop in filter that I will be changing to an s&b full intake as my filter minder moves a bit. This setup is potent, I cant run the full 345 tune as I get axle wrap bad, I am going to order a set of PMF traction bars soon to cure that. since getting rid of the dpf the truck runs much smoother and I gained about 2mpg in the city, no real highway data yet though. My trans also runs cooler due to the different shift strategies and locking the tc differently.

I am getting the windows tinted soon, taking off the chrome door handles and painting the stock ones body color, working on a hid projector retrofit for a set of recon headlights I have and getting a leveling kit. Oh and the bottom portion of the rockers will be getting lineX'd ala 02Duramax!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. PTSolutions

I'll get some pics of my brothers built up 6.0 soon as he is camping and at yankee lake truck night this weekend

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Bad a$$. Nuff said!

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Them rims are wicked sharp looking on that truck.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks Fantastic!

What are you seeing for EGT's with the H&S on the 345 tune?

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Great truck, great plows, your set! Rims and tires make the truck look bad a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. PTSolutions

Thanks for all the compliments guys, really appreciate it!

Mark- I haven't run the 345 more than a day due to the amount of axle wrap I was getting and I wanted to spare my driveline. I am currently running Mike's 275 tune and Ive gotten it to 1300*. The defuel parameter is set to 1450*. Supposedly these motors can run 1400* pretty well for a bit before you need to back off.

The 345 tune is absolutely wicked though. A boosted 4wd launch puts the biggest grin on your face. Im ordering a set of traction bars to cure that issue here soon. I got a solid 20-22 mpgs @ 70mph with ac yesterday on a 1.5hr trip to the islands yesterday. Dash comp read 23mpg and my experience is that it is about 1mpg off from hand calc in the past.

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That sir is a great looking setup!

10. NJjunior973

NJjunior973 Senior Member
    from NW NJ

looks freaking sick

11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Shaaaaa-wwwwwing!!!!

12. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

nice, yes 35's and a level will pull her off nicely! glad to hear you're ripping all the chrome off and paint matching her. You should paint match the top part of the mirror. Have you thought about paint matching the whole front end, and chrome bumper in the rear? I have yet too see a paint match wine colored super duty! I think it would look awesome!

13. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

nice are you gonna put the stock ones on in the winter