1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Rigger!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PremierLand, May 6, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Got a new truck for my landscaping company. its a 01 2500hd, only 35k miles. its a beast, oh and I gotta 8ft plow for it! Its my second day having this truck and I LOVE it.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  2. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Sweet Rig !!!!!! :drinkup: ..........more pics :D
  3. PremierLand

from detroit

heres one with my trailer.
  4. PremierLand

from detroit

heres the plow. putting it in the garage for the summer tomorrow.
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like it you did good my friend, You will like the Curtis. Do you plan on lettering it? My advice is not to if your going to use it for your personal vehicle, but you know opinions are assholes everyones got em and they all stink. I like that model of Chevys they should have kept that style or the previous one.

6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

sweet truck dude :drinkup:
  7. n1alx

n1alx Junior Member

Let me ask, how were you able to purchase that truck at 17 years old???

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Take a look at it, its got the cheap base steel wheels on it, doesn't even have the trim on it, as well as the stainless mirrors, the truck is 4 years old which leads me to believe its nothing more than a dressed up work truck and believe it or not, it is possible for a 17 year old to own a truck like this but I chose to move out of mommy and daddy's house and be on my own.
    Last edited: May 8, 2005
  9. PremierLand

from detroit

LOL my parents dont buy me crap, they provide me with a roof to live under and that is IT, hell I pay for my own food, clothes, insurance, car payment, cell phone, etc. You should see the kids at my school who LIVE off their parents and will prolly be dependent on them their whole lives now, their parents buy them hummers and esclades and stupid crap like that, it pisses me off, royaly. I built my business on my own with nothing but my freinds and family supporting me. I paid a fair price for this truck and got a loan for it with a co-sign. And yes it is the base work package, but it is a work truck, and im 17, i dont need a bunch of luxuries, its not like im 60 and cant lean down to crank the window open. And sorry if I still live with "mommy and daddy" but im 17 and dont plan on moving out until im done with college.

anyway i love this truck and I gotta get to work. later.
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I know you were looking at a lot of different trucks from talking with you about the one I was buying and reading some of your posts...Looks like you got a good one there good luck with it..I hope it makes you happy and you achieve all of your goals this year.
  11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Great looking Truck. I love that Red. Looks like that Truck will work well for you. payup Just keep working hard like you have and you will go far.

Regards Mike
  12. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Mark...you knew this was coming! DON'T MISS 2 PAYMENTS! :gunsfiring: Nice truck.
  13. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Good looking truck you have there. Looks like it will work for you. Glad you went with a Chevy. :waving:

14. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Whats under the hood? :cool:
  15. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I think the only engine you can get with Plow prep package is the 6.0

16. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

mark, don't sweat the small talk. it is a good truck and your right why waste money on gadjets you don't need. that truck should were great for a work truck and make you some good money.i leave you with one more piece of advice don't sell yourself short on what you make plowing. snow removal is a EMERGENCY service and you should be paid like it is. we work around the clock and for days on end so just make sure you bring in enough money to pay the bills and keep you happy.
  17. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You can get the plow prep with any motor. It is the bed and cab configuration that kinda decide as to if you can get it or not.

18. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Jesus i'm just givin you sh** I gotta admit that I didn't have that nice of a truck when I was 17.
  19. PremierLand

from detroit

thanks guys, I love it. I didnt get home until 10 last night (did a sod job and retaining wall) then I finished building my sides (hopefully i didnt wake anyone up). It looks really sharp with the sides. LOL. but ya its the 6.0 like Mike said. I havent floored it yet, im kinda scared to, I dont wanna mess her up!

anyway, back to class, autoshop next hour and im gonna give her a bath!
  20. PremierLand

from detroit

I hear ya, I just get POed when people say stuff like "oh your mommy and daddy must have gotten you that",
    because I work hella hard to get what I have (pay my own truck, insurance, gas, phone, equipment, etc) and the last thing I want is people saying stuff like "must be nice to have parents buy you stuff". You know what I mean. I only tell a few of my customers my age, and you should see their face, they're shocked, but in a good way. LOL. This guy I did the retaining wall for, I told him, and hes like "wow I used to do that when I was 17, but this day and age I would have never thought someone your age would be working like that" (because most kids live off mom and pop).

But hey, I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Its saweeeet.

On saturday I got offered to be a sub for plowing. I dont know if I should take it or not, he has about 5 trucks and he is now subing some jobs out, execpt he wants me to do his resi. But I want to get some of my own commercial accounts first and then maybe work for him. But hey, got like 5 months to get my own accounts!