1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New rig

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chrisby316, Dec 16, 2009.

1. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

that plow set up is scary looks way to far out from the frame of the truck western makes a universal mount that fits and will allow u to tilt the cab just by lowerind the light tower either way good luck

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice BIG area rig

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I drove a wrecker with that style cab & chassis. Easy shifting truck. They hate the cold....especially when they get up there in millage, there fine once they warm up. Never trust the E brake....Bad memory :cry:. There not all that comfortable to drive either after 5 + hours in the cab. Great visibility, and very good turning radius though. Does well in an accident as well. I had a fill in driver rear end a stopped pick up with one at 55 - 60mph..crushed the front end a bit, but there was very little pulling involved to get her back to perfect condition. Easy to maintain as well.

I'd like to see how that front end handles that plow with it off the ground. Does it sag at all?

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

better ware a satbelt, i can picture someone hitting a curb and going through the windshield!:laughing:

6. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

its a back up truck and if not then it will be used for opening lanes at our larger accounts. hopefully very minimal curb contact, otherwise we may have to get a new dental plan. :)

the front end hardly even moves surprisingly. right around an inch of movement.

Repo man everything you said in your post is 100% true! They dont like the cold but they always always start! that truck sat for 4 months without anyone touching it and a couple turns of the key and it fired right up. we have a UD 1400 diesel that wont start in the afternoon if its too cold after driving it to the jobsite in the morning. we love those old mitsubishis

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I dont see that as being a downside lol. I plow with a manual and love it. Of coarse Ive never plowed with anything else but I couldnt see plowing with an auto being very fun