1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by slade, Jan 5, 2008.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

dang! Nice!!! Very cool set up, is that IFS?

3. slade

slade Senior Member

No it has the solid front axle. It is the 3500hd 15,000 lb gvw, 2x4, detroit locker in ther rear end. The front end is sitting a little low in these pics, since then I put some timbrens on the front and raised it up a little.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. I have that same truck in a 1999.

I hope those blue ratchet straps aren't the only thing holding that salter in place!

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

VERY NICE SET-UP GOOD LUCK WITH IT HOPE YOU MAKE LOTS OF MONEYwesport

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

thats one clean pusher :nod:

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

are the tires 19.5? looks like kuhmo's that we have on a truck. nice looking truck neighbor.

8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

now lets put a cummins in it.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice looking rig! Very Clean!

10. slade

slade Senior Member

Thanks guys. Jay brown- They are ther 19.5" tires. Hercules s-309, so far I have been pleased with them, good traction and don't squat hardly at all under a full load of salt.

Cet- The rachet straps are holding it down, however I also have 8 - 5/8" pins going through the spreader and framework on the truck to keep the spreader from sliding around. I appreciate all the posts you have made over the years about your 3500hd, that played a part in giving me the confidence I needed to buy one of these trucks for snow removal.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I hope it works well for you. With weight in the back ours was a great plow truck. It is now a dedicated salt truck only because we have so much salting to do. We still plow with a 2003 gas 3500 with a 8'6" straight blade and Western pro plus wings and it is 2WD. Good Luck.

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good

13. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Real sweet set up.