1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New ride...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tracy89, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

97' Dodge 1500 318 auto 3 inch lift. True duel exhaust...LOVE IT!! First dodge that ive owned and really impressed so far. Custom built headache rack...gunna take some closer shots at some point...

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck..........for a Dodge. J/K It's a realy good looking truck. I like the shackels in the holes in the push plates, that's definatly a Maine thing. What are you doing with the GMC?
  3. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

having seperation anxiety...I definately miss that truck but after taking it to go get a sticker and the tech brought me to the truck on a lift and stuck a screw driver through the frame in like 5 different places a foot apiece i had to let her go...I no i wasnt much of a dodge fan either until this one goes great...yea the shackles was a better figure somthing out quick when i got stuck in a mud hole with it on the pipeline..haha.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Dang that truck look mint condition but ROT frame amazing. Here in Michigan body rot to nothing but frame still alright.

Hope you able find another one from South where they don't use devil salt.
  5. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Nice truck!
  6. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

It surely is a nice truck for having 204xxx miles on it with the original drive train in it...would imagine tranny has been rebuilt at some point but all original....
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very clean truck indeed. My '03 Ram has 161K on it, no rust anywhere with the origional tranny and engine without ever being rebuilt. Runs like a champ. It had spent it's whole life in New England.
  8. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

someone was determined to keep it forever...mine was garaged for the past 6 years...probably helped it out quite a bit...im pretty impressed with it...never plowed with a short truck before. handles the plow great and loves to push too....