1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New requirements in MA?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by JeepTJ, Sep 15, 2010.

1. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

2. john mc

john mc Member

i had to buy the closed loop spreader system. cost me 5 k cash and carry.

3. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

The slight savings on salt will be eaten up by the increased hourly wages they claim they will pay and would take a long time to actually save any real money. Unless of course they screw over the contractors and don't raise the rates enough to adequately cover the increased cost of equipment. (Which is usually the case.) As usual, government pencil pushers playing with numbers to make something look good on paper but don't use any common sense.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

It sucks but could be worse...

The state rate here in NH for hired trucks is about $40 per hour LESS than Mass and requires the same liability insurance....
    I have no idea how anyone in the granite state makes a dime plowing for the state...
    I know we do not have anyone knocking down our doors trying to sign equipment here in the Mount Washington Valley.
    In fact we (state) are begging to have contractors keep what equipment we have signed.No waiting list, no backup equipment.
    And it wont be long before NH DOT requires ground speed setups for all NH Subs. All you Mass Guys updating list your ground speed controls on NH C.L......NH DOT was telling their contractors last season they would really like to see them upgrade...It is just a matter of time..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010