1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW replacement Western 6' 6" moldboard/blade

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kramerica, Aug 18, 2013.

1. kramerica

kramerica Junior Member

Hello... I have a too-far-gone rotted-out 6' 6" western plow with a good motor, pump lights, frame, etc. There is not enough metal left to weld patches and the side supports are rotten. I am trying to find a new replacement moldboard w/cutting edge. It is for a Jeep Cherokee so I don't want/need a wider one. Anybody know where I can order a 6&1/2 footer online for a decent price? :confused: Thanks...

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Try storks automotive, they may have a used one for you

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Is it a unimount plow? If so, there are two different 6.5 blades, and they are not really interchangeable. so you might want to figure out which you have before you buy.

If it is squared off at the top, with a skinny wear bar with a bit of a curve to it, then it's a sport utility, like this:
    http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/13572_031490.pdf

and if it has the rolled top and a regular 3/8 thick wear bar it's a standard 6.5 like this:
    http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/13179_110188.pdf

also note the sport utility wear bar just has 7 bolts, instead of 8, and they are long because the blade has that tube down there. all the standard and pro blades would be bolting to an angle at the bottom of the blade.

4. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I have a moldboard for a uni mount 6.5 plow that I am looking to sell. If you want I can send you a picture of it.