1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Ram

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by giggity, Oct 28, 2015.

1. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Heres my new 2015 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi, hope Chicago gets some snow!!

2. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

How's it drive? I've always wanted to drive one with the 6.4 and never have.. I know my dads 2015 5.7 runs pretty good so I would guess this one have even more grunt
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. What kind of plow are you going to hang on it? We've had two pretty big snow seasons in a row, and I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty light Winter this year.
  4. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Its a beast! The 6.4 has a completely different sound compared to the 5.7. But it is a very smooth running motor, its a quick truck considering its 6500lbs.
  5. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Bite your lip about a light winter!! LOL Im just reusing my 8 foot western ultra mount from my previous truck for now, if we get lucky and get a decent winter I will be upgrading to a MVP
  6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to ask the same question. I bet I could have "fun" with that truck
  7. JustJeff

6,500 lbs.? I thought mine weighed that with the diesel. I haven't run over any scales since I bought it.
  8. giggity

giggity Senior Member

9. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Be even more fun if it was a 5 speed!

As far as the power/weight im sure its decent
    We have a 02 f250 crew cab work truck with a 5.4 in it......Now that is a turd lol
  10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Beautiful truck.
  11. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

i've got almost 30k on my 14 with a 6.4 and love it. I have a fisher 8.5 xv2 and have no problem plowing with it.
  12. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know if they fixed the old "rust very quick" issue? At least back at home that seemed to be an issue with the older Ram's and you don't see too many people running around with them for plowing anymore.

Ill be in the market for a new truck and the Ram has grown on me, they look sharp. Congrats on a great looking truck, lets hope for a heavy winter again!
  13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a northeast issue for all trucks - Ford/Chevy/Dodge. The sodium chloride they use just eats away from the inside out. When I worked as a repair manager, I'd see 1 year old trucks get in an accident and once we pulled panels off to replace you'd see the entire inside was covered in surface rust starting to work its way through.

Beautiful truck you got there OP!
  14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice Ram, i like the white color.
  15. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

Not to hijack but any pictures of your truck and plow? I'm looking at putting the same plow on my 15. And by chance a pic of the truck without he plow hooked up. Looking to see what the mount will look like. I'm between the fisher and ultra and leaning fisher but don't want a big gaudy mount hanging
  16. JustJeff

Fisher and Western are both D.D. products, mounts should be exactly the same and have removable receivers.
  17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Western and SnowEx are the only ones with removable receivers
  18. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Plow frame is getting installed on tuesday, I will post some pics for you aftetwards
  19. JustJeff

Thanks Pat. Didn't know that. OP, one more thing, I'd swap out those tires if I were you. I plowed on the OEM tires for two seasons and they sucked. Keep them and use them for Summer if you want, but you'll be disappointed with them for plowing. Or at least I was.
  20. giggity

giggity Senior Member

It came with firestone destination AT's, had the same tires on my old truck and loved them