1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new rainX wiper blades??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 18, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

has anyone thought about trying these? The offer that they put out with them online doesn't seem too bad either. Any input?

http://www.rainx.com/

2. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I bought them for my personal pickup and they work really good. They are a little pricey, but the buy one get one free from pep boys sold me. Only one problem the one I installed on the drivers side, the locking mechanism broke so whenever I lift the blade to clean off the ice or the windshield, it falls off. But when its down it stays on. They work awesome. I have to find out about getting a replacement. Got to get them on all the trucks soon.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

does pep boys still have this going on?

4. phofmann

phofmann Junior Member
    from Va

Rain X

Same here on the Rain X blades! I usually don't but stuff like blades being a dealer tech., but did on a recommendation from our detail guy and was very impressed. Ended up buying more for the rest of the family vehicles. Got the same deal from Pep Boys.

5. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

I bought them from pep boys and I thouht they were great. Then it got really cold out and I think they suck. The ice really freeze's on them solid, flicking the blades does nothing you have to keep pulling the ice off. Above above 25 or 30 degrees they work great ,any lower they suck.

6. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

pep boys deal good untill end of march i believe

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Are they by chance the same as the Bosch blades? They sure do look the same in the picture.

Even more so when oarwhat mentioned that the ice is a pain to get off. I have the same problem with the Bosh baldes. You need to pick ice off with your fingers. Smacking them does not work.

8. jason t.

jason t. Member

I don't personally have them, but this is the exact thing one of my sub says about them. He hates them!

9. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I have the rain x blades

I love them...first yr on one truck...One thing that i do is...I wipe on Rain x Juice...I have never had any iceing problems.
    IAlso apply the rain X juice to all the windows, the snow beads right off .
    Cheers
    Danerwesport

10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yea I have the bosch blades and the Ice is an Pain to keep off... I wish there was a really good all year round blade...

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I might of not been 100% clear. It looks like the Bosch blades just branded RainX.

Neithertheless The bosch blades are a pain to keep ice off. I was going to try the oil or RainX on the blades.

12. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I just picked some up during our last storm when some how my current wipers disintegrated. Workin' great!

13. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

MCW auto zone -by the auto village was running the same promo last month may still be running it!-- the other guy I plow with bought them--he thought they were a pain in the last storm--I gave him some spray silicone and he was good to go for the rest of the storm.