1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new radiator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Sep 24, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I installed a new radiator on my '79 k10. This one is a 4core, and there is an additional outlet/inlet on it that I did not have on my other radiator, which was just the standard stock one. It is located below the radiator cap. Does anyone know what this is for? It there a block off that I can get for it? I used a couple of hose clamps, a piece of hose, and a big bolt to block it off for know.

2. towman

towman Member

on some models they have a heater hose on that fitting that goes to the heater core, they make a lot of the replacements with them there so it will fit multiple vehicles, they do make a nipple like fitting that will block

it off properly, i am suprised they didn't put one the box
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Somewhere in the early 80's they changed over to that style. My '82 has it.

Your '79 should have one hose that goes to the intake manifold, and another to the water pump. You may have an easier, more leak-free time plugging the hole in the water pump (pipe thread) and connecting the hose to the rad nipple.

I honestly don't know why they made the change.