1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New pusher

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KINNCO, Jan 19, 2007.

KINNCO Senior Member

Hey Gang,
    I just started pushing this winter with a 7-6' western pro w/wings, mounted on a Ford F-250 ex-cab V-10...and have a few questions..

:dizzy: What is the correct plow posistion for driving on roadways??

:gunsfiring: What is the best bang for the buck on tailgate spreaders??:gunsfiring:

wesport Are all serial numbers on Ford trucks beginning with "x" , 6000# spring rating
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

personally i like to have the plow angled to the drivers side so its closer to the truck with passing cars. as for a tailgate snow ex makes a nice one they all almost do the same thing to me anymore theyre just trash cans with motors

welcome to plow site :waving:

KINNCO Senior Member

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Hi I angle the blade to the passengers side (right).
    1) If you get hit by an oncoming ass H*** (you know the kind of guy that Judges his clearance by your head lights, only to find out that your plow is wider than your lights), the extended hydraulic ram on the drivers side will act as a cushion.
    2) nothing will suck you off the road ( and in New England into a tree or stone wall) Faster than having a plow that is angled left and catches a snow bank on the right.

KINNCO Senior Member

And I only paid 100 bucks for it !
    and with a little work I made the plow look brand new.

Thanks for the replys guys
  6. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

I like the eye balls on the wings
  7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Holy Shet that is not a new plow?Hundred bucks is all you paid?Nice deal you got.Did you give the guy a kiss at least damn.Why don't you double your money and sell it to me for 2 hundred LOL:D

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I love the eyeballs on the wings. :nod: I'm going to put the wife to work getting something like that on mine.
    It's awesome.

KINNCO Senior Member

Does anyone know for sure??
  10. redneck4eva2000

redneck4eva2000 Junior Member

X-rated springs

From what my Ford Tech friends have told me, the X rated springs are 6,000lbs. Look on the sticker on the driver's side door jam and look for Front Axle GAWR. Mine says 5200 - I have the V-rated springs. Yours will probably say 6000. Hope this helps!