1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New pusher for the Kubota

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Dec 7, 2009.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well in a couple threads previous to this I was debating what to put on the front of my kubota tractor. Its an L3240HSTC and most everyone was telling me it couldn't handle a pusher or plow unless it was 6 feet wide. My bucket is 6 foot wide, and I was convinced that it could handle an 8 foot pusher. So I got the 8 foot compact model from Pro-tech to see how it does.

Heres a few pictures from the day I bought it to the shop, then sitting on site with my skid, and then pushing snow (even though the lights blinded out the camera). I really need to start remembering my real camera, I should have some good pics this year.

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. merrimacmill

from MA

Maybe I should try a higher capacity 10 footer on it?? :laughing:

But it did handle the compact 8 footer very well, the front tires didn't even lift off the ground when doing a 400' push. But it was only a little less than 3 inches of snow however the snow was VERY heavy wet snow.

IMG_0454.jpg

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That tractor did well, looks great.

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice looking tractor looks like it did a good job for ya

5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

looks good. if it was light snow, no reason it couldn't handle the 10'. i'm sure it would let you know when enough's enough

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. If you go direct mount it will push even better.

7. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, but I bet it would bog fast though. I got the 10 footer on my Case 85xt. This is my first year having a skid in the fleet and man those things make some serious time plowing with a pusher that big. Very efficient machine. When the pile was getting to long, just throw on the 9 foot bucket and start effortlessly stacking, it was great.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  8. merrimacmill

from MA

THats interesting because I assumed that it would push better without a direct mount giving the front end the added weight of the bucket for more frontal traction. I don't like the bucket mount because it filled with snow/slush and made the tractor way to heavy in the front. So I had to take off the pusher by un-chaining it and dumping the bucket and then re-doing the whole thing. Is there a way I can change it to direct mount easily? My tractor has the SS mount.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

You might get to work it here soon...

10. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Tractor looks great. Nice action shot, more please! Lets see some pics of your skid steer pushing some snow. Good luck this season.

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Great Pics!!!!!! And I think you made a smart choice on pusher size for that kubota, but I would agree with dave on the direct mount. Now all you need is a rear blade for it :cool:

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Merrimac, Im converting my pusher to Q-tach tonite as we speak! My welder is fabbing it up, I'll get some pics tomorow!

13. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, now I feel like I should have just bought the scoop dogg compact with the SS mount already on it.

14. merrimacmill

from MA

Sounds great, I would love to see how you do it as I am now considering getting a SS plate for mine.

15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet tractor and skidsteer!

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Damnd you've really grown and FAST too! Have you gotten the 4500 setup yet??

17. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Tractor looks great!

18. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

You should have purchased a sectional plow from arctic, I priced one out today for a bobcat S-185: $4,200.00 plus tax

19. merrimacmill

from MA

Damn your right... I should have. Well, at least now I know my mistakes in life.:waving: Except I paid under 2k..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  20. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I have a sub that has a deere tractor about that size and he runs a compact 10 scoop dogg and he really likes it. It seems perfect for his machine. I have both the scoop dogg and the pro tech 10 compact and they both work great but the quick attach is the way to go. on the compact scoop doggs that we have they went a little cheap on the quick attach plate. its not as heavy as the rsc compact 10 was. It is still a nice pusher. I love those compact sizes we can finally clean under the trailers. I will buy only scoop dogg from here on out due to dealer support and price. My pro tech compact 10 cost me about $1400 new. Three weeks later after I bought mine I decided that it would be handy to buy another and they then told me $2700! New compact 10 foot scoop dogg from my dealer after tax are $1900.