1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new pump no movement??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2ndgen, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 2ndgen

2ndgen Junior Member

I have an ultra mount standard pro plow straight blade Went to move plow this past summer horrid noise coming from front of plow took apart motor found all kinds of metal sticking to magnet put new motor in and still grinding and no movement at all out of ideas checked wiring for voltage and grounds. In bad need of help thanks!!

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the bushing in the valve body is bad. that is the metal you saw on the filter more than likely.

3. 2ndgen

2ndgen Junior Member

thanks for the reply very appreciated ill tear her down again and check that out

4. 2ndgen

2ndgen Junior Member

now would i have to buy the hole body valve or can those bushings be replaced? thanks

5. no lead

just a bushing kit. it comes with the tool to install it. any western dealer will know what you need.

6. 2ndgen

2ndgen Junior Member

hey thanks again for ur help

7. no lead

:salute:..........

8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The bushing kit I got didn't come with the tool. It had the bushing, pump shaft seal, small oring for the pump and big oring for the reservoir.