1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New property, need your input.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by FinerCuts, Nov 2, 2011.

1. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Well after recieving a phone call asking to do some sper-of-the-moment fall clean up from a new property I was informed after the job that they don't have anyone to do their snow removal this year. I have been asked to place a bid in for the property below.

The property manager would like to have a bid on how long I think it will take to get the parking lot completed with 2 inches, 4 inches 6 and so on. Or just have a price for 2,4,6. Sidewalks I can handle on bidding but when it comes to bidding a parking lot like this I have never done something like this before, as we have always done subcontracting.

What I want from you guys is a price on what you think it will take.

Equipment: We will probably be using will be a 8'2" V on a 2500 hd and an 8' pull back snow pusher on a cat 257 track machine.

On any big snow event the property will have to be cleared by 6:00a.m. then 2:00p.m. then 10:00p.m.

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any questions. Like I said I am new to bidding a parking lot, but not to plowing them:waving:

Thanks in advance, hope everyone is ready for winter!

Untitled.jpg

2. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

No one huh?

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Where does the snow need to go? Any other details?

4. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

There are a couple great areas for placing snow, so I am sure I would never run out of places. The northwest circle I will pile on the north side of the circle. As far as the east I would push it all out to the edges, as there is a big ditch around almost the whole complex. The property owner does not know what kind of big he wants me to turn in. I am really up for anything right now, as long as it is either on a per push basis, or per inch basis.

5. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Also only icemelting the entries which will be done with a w/b spreader. No icemelt on the parking lot. he just wants a price for pushing the entire thing.

6. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

The road way parts wont take long at all, but the parking lots are going to be a pain with the curbing. I would say you could do the driveway parts would take 30 minutes tops the parking an hour to an hour and 15 minutes so just plug in your hourly rate

7. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Is that for each parking stall or is that all of them together you think. One other question I had is this amount of time for 2 inches? How would someone go about getting the price for 4 inches, then 6 and so on?

8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I would think you could do it in that amount of time for all of it but the first few times it will take longer till you figure out the best wary to do it unless the picture is misleading since its not a google with a scale to go off of. For each additional 2 inches I would say add 15% more time up to the 6 inch mark then over that add 20% more time. I do a care facility that is a lot like that minus the cul de sac and that's about what it takes me with a truck only no loader. If anyone else haas an idea chime in if you think my times are off.

9. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Ok I really appreciate the reply! Does anyone else wanna give a price, or prices. Also what would someone bid this at if they asked for a seasonal price? I'm guessing 10-15 events, but what inch base do you go off of? I was going to use google earth but it is so new that on the image it is still under construction.

10. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I won't give a price because even tho were in iowa there is a big difference In price from one part to the next.

11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

2" $200. Go from there.

12. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

Would agree with this, have a similar lot going for $185 without the circle at the top, just the drive going to 10 spots.
    Instead of every 2" a different number try and get a 2" trigger at 200$ a time. If this area has high traffic try to push on the salt issue, or add a clause in the contract that you aren't responsible for slips and falls.

13. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 Member

did one similar last year, 2-4in $650 4-6 $790 6-8 $900 8-10 $1,100/ $400 to salt