1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snow-Kid, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Well I have a new project going on. I have the Amish setting up a 40X64 Pole building. The building will have 2 10'x10' overhead doors, 2 walk in doors, and 4 windows. The shop part will be 40X34 and will have 12 foot inside ceilings. Then the rest of it will have 9 foot inside ceilings and have a living area for now till I start on my house. I will include pictures of there progress along the way. They said they should be done some time this coming week.

building1.JPG

building2.JPG

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That will be a nice set up when its done. you putting in some lifts?

3. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

yes in one bay i might put in a lift. My uncle just put a shop up and bought 2 lifts from a guy and he has one left if the price is right I may buy it.

4. jpragana3

jpragana3 Junior Member

i would like to see the progress pics ... what do you think the end cost will be?

5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

The end cost is REALLY reasonable. My cousin had them build two of them that size, They look great, and it was decently priced as well.

6. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

is it just me or is there no foundation for that? how are you gonna have lifts and living area and what not with not cement floor?

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looking good

How long do yo uexpect it to take?

8. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

thanks for all of the replies, the concrete will go in after the building is complete. This amish crew doesn't put up the building on concrete slabs and foundation they put the building up then my concrete guy will come in and do the concrete. They said they should be done by this Wednesday weather permitting. The final cost of building and concrete will be around $20,000.00

9. blm86

blm86 Member

thats going to be a nice shop when its all finished. I hope to have mine finished up by Wednesday also.

10. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

The price is good. That is roughly $7.81 sq/ft. Just for the concrete in my area we would be charging around $8800 for the crete. Most pole barns here - bare bone blding is pricing around $10 sq/ft.

Best of luck and send some updated pics as things progress.

11. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Well this morning they started setting trusses. This really surprised me because we had freezing rain yesterday and overnight and everything was a solid sheet of ice. I will have some updated pics this afternoon or evening.

12. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Well today they did a lot of work on my building. The rafters were set this morning using a truck crane,(wish I could of been there to get some pictures of that) then they got the roof put up with insulation under that, then all of the windows and doors put in, and they started getting the metal sides installed. They should be done with the shell of the building tomorrow weather permitting. Here are some pics.

IM000113.JPG

IM000114.JPG

IM000116.JPG

IM000117.JPG

13. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Awesome man. I hope to start my project like that in the next year. Still Looking for land

14. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

not very amish if they used a crane

15. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

JeepCreepn01 not very amish if they used a crane

LOL I thought the same thing when I was finalizing the plans and the contractor asked me if i had power out at my place and I kind of jokingly said they are amish they don't use power. But they use power drill saws and cordless drills and chainsaws.

16. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

The shell of the building is all completed, they finished up this afternoon. I think it really turned out well. The next step is to put in the concrete floor and floor drains. I also need to put up my meter base and breaker box so the electric company can hook up some power. Here are some pics.

IM000121.JPG

IM000122.JPG

IM000124.JPG

IM000126.JPG

IM000127.JPG

17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

wow that thing looks good!

18. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Yes I was really impressed with the work they did. I could not believe that it only took 3 days for them to finish it. Thanks for the compliment.

19. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Your building looks great! Only 3 days!?! How big of a crew did they have? They made good time!:)

20. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Yep only 3 days. They started last Friday and finished today and didn't work Saturday or Sunday. There were 7 amish and then they had a driver that drove there van and got materials if they needed something.