1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New project f250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by x.system, Dec 26, 2011.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Picked up a 99 a couple weeks ago, was really looking for a diesel but this one came up to cheap to pass up. Bought it with a blown transmission so we tore it apart and its off getting rebuilt. I had my buddy hunt up some southern rust free parts and he's found almost every piece I wanted except for the mirrors and a pass side back door. He should have those when he gets back next week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Can't do the doors and seats until I get it off the lift so I pulled the bumper and gate off and prepped the 11 bumper to go back on. Fit with no mods except the trailer plug mounting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

What did you pay for truck? How many miles? Going to do any other mechanical work?

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks like a lot of rust , how are the floor boards ?. New bumper and tail gate looks good.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

can wait to see the truck when it is done

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

2 grand, 140,000 miles, its already gotten a couple new u joints and a complete tune up. Its getting an external trans cooler then it should be ready for a few miles.

7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Floors, rockers are in really good shape, the external panels have the most rust. The 2 back doors are getting replaced, they are in the worst shape besides the gate. Everything else is surface rust and no holes so far. The clear is peeling off everywhere but I will probably paint this truck this spring after plow season.

Got started putting the mount on.
    [​IMG]

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I already had this plow so I am going to set it up to run this or a 8' straight depending on snowfall amounts. Still have to refurbish the 8'. Still gotta order air bags for the front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Stole it. Good buy

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find. Got a question for you. Are the driveshafts rusted on that truck. I don't mean surface scale either. My 02 driveshafts are rusted where I think I might have to replace them.
    T.J.

11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice project, can't wait to see it come along.

12. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Just surface scale covered in dirt. This truck lived on a dirt road with a swamp for a driveway.

13. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a good truck to put to work!