1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New project 89 Chevy -Fixer upper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Holland, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Just bought this old cruiser last night. Alot of you will probably think its not worth the time, but hey we all start out somewhere! Going to be my second plow truck once i find a plow for it. I need to do a little body work to it and rebuild the trans. I know its ugly but i plan on getting rid of the topper and running boards and getting a different set of rims for it. Probably put a two tone paint job similar to my 98 on it too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

And the interior..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

wow that truck is clean...

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a good foundation to start with. I can see the cab corners are probably gone, but it's clean. Keep us updated with pics.

I'd like to know who thought the mini van hub caps would look good. :dizzy:

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I know right, haha if you take a closer look they took the time to remove the 4x4 from the old center caps and put them on! Heck the rims arent even rusty underneath!

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It looks like a clean truck. The first thing I would do is take them hub caps off, they look awful. Good luck with it.

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Going into the paint shop tomorrow night! Pics to come!

8. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

3 days and no pics? lol subscribed

9. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Corners are rotted but other wise not bad looking

10. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

That thing is a beauty compared to what you'd fond around here thats only half its age! my first truck I got when I was 16 was a 88 Chevy....had 268,000 miles on it and if the body wasnt falling off (literally) it would have went another 100,000 I bet. You just cannot kill these trucks and they sure as hell do not make them like that anymore!

11. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Definitely looks like a good starting point. What are you fixing it up for?

12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Making some progress on the old girl finally! Got the cab done. Body needed a little more than we first thought but so far so good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I was kind of thrown by the 5 lug hubcaps, and the new picts. have 6...

14. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

It's so clean.. The interior looks immaculate for it's age!

Glad you ditched the hubcaps :p

15. Holland

Holland Senior Member

yea they needed to go! these rims arent staying, just used them during paint. it'll get something nicer.

16. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

what a beautiful truck

17. BDTRUX

BDTRUX Member

have you thought about newer style mirrors & grille ?

18. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

very clean

19. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Sure have! I'm gonna be getting a new grille anyway, might be switching to the newer style one and switching to the composite headlights instead of the twins that are on it. If i do that i'll swap out the mirrors too. Havent quite made up my mind but it would sure make it look nicer!

20. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man that looked like a clean starting platform. Someone cared enough to try fixing the cab corners and jazzed it up with some hub caps. Interior looks super clean as well. Your finished product should be awesome!