1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New project- 3/4 ton dump

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Holland, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

89 F250 4x4. 460 5 Speed Manual. 97,000 mi. Was in the market for a cheap beater to buzz back and forth to work. Guy i know said he had a truck for sale, turned out to be this thing, figured why not. If anything i'll turn around an make some money on it. Got it CHEAP. Dug it out of his shed last night and hauled it home. Had a bad miss, cleaned cap and rotor and freed up some stuck fuel injectors. Runs awesome! Bed tips and works good! Needs some brake lines, a muffler and some tires.

I'll add more pictures as i work on it, but here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

How much??

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nikce little project

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I'll just say it was cheap. :D

Yea every year i do at least one that i fix up and sell. Did a lincoln ls a few years back and last year i did an 89 chevy 1500. I always say im building a beater and end up with it all fixed up and not wanting to use it. I've always doubled my money in the past, have to see if i can keep this trend going!

Last years project-

before-
    [​IMG]

after- Rebuilt the trans, new exhaust, new grille, cab corners, rockers, pass door, driver fender, and patch panels over the rear wheels.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

So...a six pack?

6. Morrissey snow removal

any of the 87 to 97 body styles claned up look nice

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That gmc was a nice truck! Whas the real plan for the ford?

8. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Personally im not a ford guy, but i work on them all day and my buddy is big into them.

Thanks! I went overboard on that truck, it was supposed to just be a beater for me. Ended up making me a good profit. I might actually just keep this as a beater. Definately not gonna go as far as i did with the GMC. Right offer comes up i'll let this ford go tho! Thumbs Up

Only side job i have this weekend is a water pump in a buick so i'm hoping to get the exhaust buttoned up, get it serviced, and the new brake lines on sunday. Should be able to start driving it around next week.

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks like a fun project,

10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

more pics of that bed plz. having a hard time finding a dumping srw flatbed

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to recommend a nice red for the paint color. And then a cheap price when you sell it.

12. Morrissey snow removal

i got a bunch of parts for 97 down ford if u need anything u cant find

13. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Can do, i'll get some more over the weekend.

Maybe i should just start a silent auction now before i become attached to it Thumbs Up

14. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Not to highjack this thread but randomb0b take my dumpbed build link in my signature.

To the OP, should be a cool build.

T.J.

15. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Way to ruin my day! haha That was a nice build. I'm still shaking my head on some of the fab work on this truck. :dizzy: It'll do for now, but its going to get reworked. I want to get it on the road and find out what else it needs before i go to far with it.

16. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Took it for its first drive last night. Got to my dads and there was fuel everywhere underneath! Turns out it was pulling out of the rear tank and returning to the front. Was a little overfull to say the least. Took us about an hour but we got it to switch to to rear tank and transfered the fuel back to the rear as well. (the front tank fuel pump isnt currently working) Has a bit of a miss under a hard load, i'll give it a tune up tonight. Otherwise it seems to be working pretty well!

17. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Little progress made. Got the hood in primer. Did some more cleaning under the hood, new plug wires, and found a set of 17in wheels with 285-70-17s.

FYI if anyone is interested in this old girl just shoot me a pm. I'm willing to sell or make a trade to someone who would have a better use for this than me. Thumbs Up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Morrissey snow removal

nice rims and tires!

19. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

x2 :drinkup:

20. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Thanks! Its nothing fancy but it looks alot better!