1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Product Feature

Discussion in 'CONTROL-X2 Block Heater Controller Forum' started by ELEproducts.com, Dec 10, 2015.

1. ELEproducts.com

ELEproducts.com Inactive

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a small enhancement to the CONTROL-X2 electronic engine block heater controller. The additional feature is an hour meter. Users can view the total hours that the CONTROL-X2 was running in the [ON-MODE]

The CONTROL-X2 will keep your fleet ready, help save electricity, help save fuel with reduced idling and warm-up times, help reduce mechanical wear associated with cold starts while prolonging the usable life of the block heater element.

Thank you for viewing.
    Shawn C. Quillen

HourMeterA66.jpg

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

"while prolonging the usable life of the block heater element."

My thought is that the block heater elements heat up to about 200F every time the truck is driven, for many many miles and Hrs, I don't think it really matters too darn much.

Over the years i have yet to see a element go bad, usually its the cord that goes bad.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have a few trucks with central hydraulics, how does a block heater warming my engine oil help reduce idle time when I have to let the trucks idle with the pump on to get the hydro oil warmed up?

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Install a heater element in your hydro tank. I did it last winter because my central hydraulics would howl like crazy when cold. I spliced the wire for it into the wire for my block heater so I plug in one wire and it turns on both heaters. Works great.

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Did you weld a threaded bung in the hydro tank to accept the heater?

6. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

No I didn't, it had several of differing sizes already in it. Just drained the tank, then had to undo its mounts and tilt it down because a valve mount next to it didn't allow a straight shot into the hole for the heating element, and threaded it in. Refilled and spliced it in with my block heater wire. So now, make one plug connection and both are going, heating the block and hydros. I cut the plug end off the block heater and spliced a wire on in its place and ran that back to where the hydro tank is and joined it with the hydro heater, then spliced in the plug. So now, the plug is on the driver's side of the truck real easy to get to instead of back in the front bumper, which was a real PITA to get to when the plow was on. I start the truck and kick in the aux hydros and let everything run while still plugged in, while I'm loading the snow blower and cleaning windows. By the time I'm ready to leave, it has circulated the warm fluid through the system and the pump quiets down. Also, all splices were made inside electrical junction boxes to keep everything safe and out of the weather.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. ELEproducts.com

ELEproducts.com Inactive

Hello,

Our recent fleet project was a group of ~ 50 CONTROL-X2’s for public school busses. Huge success.. We have enabled many fleet applications in the US with a quality product that delivers.

Sure, folks can save a few dollars with a “temperature switch/cube thingy” or “timer-box”, even a marriage of the two plus some electrical cordage. I am glad that’s working for you. The CONTROL-X2 is designed and manufactured here in the US. We are proud of that fact. The CONTROL-X2 is a robust product that performs.

My personal peeve today is with product support. We have all experienced it. It’s the axle bearing for the lawn mower or the “computer” board in the clothes dryer. Many times the replacement part cost, practically exceeds the net worth of the product value. One word, disgusting! ELEproducts.com supports their customers. If you compromise the cord, break the enclosure, or whatever happens...... ELEproducts.com supports the customer. That being said. We are NOT in the business of making money on parts! For customers who purchased product from ELEproducts.com, we will provide replacement parts at our cost.

ELEproducts.com wishes to retain customers with a superior product and support of such product.

If you wish to play with cords and cube boxes and rigs to save a couple dollars $$..... Continue on. I support your efforts. Someone once said and I am paraphrasing, “It’s cheep insurance to just keep the thing plugged up all the time.” Ok. Burning electrical power isn't cheep? That being said, It is not cheep insurance? Furthermore, it’s not even insurance. You are unnecessarily burning the element. Like a light bulb. Both literally and figuratively. Also, there is a life expectancy with the heating element itself. I have many fleet customers who have replaced them. For these elements that never expire or die, Zerostart and Phillips sure sell a lot of them as OEM replacements? Wow, there are 98 pages in their catalog. Hmmm..

Art Carnegie once said, and I quote: “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.”

At ELEproducts.com, we wish everyone a wonderful Christmas season, that brings joy and success and safety during this winters plow season.

Thanks,

Shawn