1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bmh1202, Dec 19, 2005.

1. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

Thanks guys for your input about the heater problem last week. Got that fixed. Now I have a new one. '96 s10 blazer, the turn signals just stopped working. Checked the fuse, it seems ok. There isn;t even an indicatir on the dash like when a bulb blows. I'm stumped on this one. Any help is appreciated.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Need to be more specific. Totally dead? Relay operating but no lights, or no indicators?

I have (twice) had the left front turn signal and the four-way flashers die... and at the same time the LH rear signal works even with the key off. Switch in the column died/broke, and power is feeding from the fourways to the signal.
  3. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

no 4 way, no turn signals and the dash indicators don't light either.
  4. derekbroerse

Confirm that you have power at the fusebox and that the fuse actually flows power.

Check the connector on the column under the dash (the long flat one) to be certain that it isn't loose. If it is, nothing will work at all with the signals.

Possibly a ground issue too.

I just swapped out the signal switch in my (tilt) column tonight. Miserable job, but glad its done. Solved my problems.
  5. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

Think I'm just going to push the thing off a hill. Got in the thing last night for something and checked to see what worked. Turn signals now work, but 4 ways don't. Go figure:dizzy:
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Have you checked the turn signal relay itself?
  7. derekbroerse

Sounds like a loose connection, probably at that connector on the column I was referring to. Check it out.

Doubt it is the relay itself, as 4 ways and signals typically have separate flashers....
  8. neetchracer

neetchracer Junior Member

Sounds like the turn signal switch. Pretty common.