1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New present to me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Oct 27, 2011.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Today I told myself I was just going to look at the new Dodge trucks and NOT buy anything! Well, that plan went out the window as soon as I pulled onto the lot. New to me.....2012 2500 crew cab, Hemi, snow plow prep, tow pkg, outdoorsman pkg. I have never owned a Dodge but I will say this is a great looking truck and think I will be very happy!

mail1.jpg

mail2.jpg

mail3.jpg

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet Truck. Make sure to show us the plow install. Congrats!!!

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

What made you switch from Ford?

4. clncut

I love all of the Fords Ive owned, never had any major problems but.....For the Ford truck I wanted it was going to cost me over 45000, I bought this one for 32000 with pretty much all the same features as the Ford. We shall see how she holds up this winter!

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck 13k is a big difference, what kind of warranty comes with it

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nice buy! Fisher Stainless blade will look good on it!

7. clncut

Bumper to Bumber lifetime warranty

8. clncut

Im thinking maybe a Western V

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

What does the Outdoorsman package get you? Matching camo suit?

Nice rig.

10. clncut

Matching camo suit...funny:laughing:....actually it comes with its own tree stand that erects right out of the bed!

Kinda silly name...I agree....:rolleyes: Its just their way of saying this truck has certain exterior and interior features that other models dont have.

11. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I kinda doubt that you have a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. Might wanna check your owner's manual on that one. I have never heard of a warranty like that.

kevlars

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Really? It's not just the powertrain? That sounds like a heck of a deal.

13. clncut

You probably haven't heard of it cause its new. I questioned it also.....its true.

14. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

If you drive a dodge you had better hope you have a bumper to bumper warranty and have a buddy who drives a tow truck.

15. clncut

Sounds to good to be true ....right? Only thing I will ever have to replace is the normal warranty and tear items.....filters, belts, breaks, hoses etc. I specifically asked about common items that wear from plowing..... balljoints...blah blah blah...all covered till i get rid of the truck.

16. clncut

Ill keep that in mind ...

17. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They will tell you anything to sell you a truck. I'll bet the sales guy doesn't even know what a ball joint is. I am truly surprised they cover wear from plowing. Did you pay extra for that?

Had a 07 Diesel. Lots went wrong with it. Glad someone else has it now after I fixed it up.:mad:

18. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Yes it does, maybe they added some type of extended warranty. Ram site lists warranty as: basic 36/36000 gas engine 36/36000 powertrain 60/100000 rust 60/100000

19. thebigB

thebigB Junior Member

Great looking truck, good luck with it.

20. clncut

Thanks for the responses....i know switching to a Dodge may be a gamble but the price was to good to pass up. The warranty is Definatley lifetime bumper to bumper and yes I did pay extra for it. I will post pics when I pick out the plow.....good luck this season!