1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Power V-XT 9'2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has an idea what I can do to fix this. I just had a 9'2 Power V-XT blade installed on my 2004 F350, with the 6.0 diesel. When I lift the plow up it is only 3-4 inches of the ground. When I go down the road it always scrapes the road! Is this normal or does this need to be fixed?
  2. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

go to a spring shop and get them upgraded. should only run about 400 bucks.
    i just redid mine suped up major. 500 bucks,
  3. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

4 inches is about right for that set up all i can say is dont have it in the V when your going down the road thats what i would do i have the 8'2" and even with the wings i dont have an issue and my trucks suspension is stock.
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Your suspension should be beefed up anyways....a diesel and a 9'2" V XT is alot of weight on that front axle. Leveling Kit or Timbrens and alot of ballast will be your best friends...;)
  5. 04f350powerv-xt

Will load boosters do the trick? Or are there better things out there I should use?
  6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have looked at the cost differance between Timbrens and Airbags. It looks like the airbags are only about $50 more than timbrens, but will have a much better ride. That is the way I am going to go if needed.
  7. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

mine is the same way,when its fully v'd its real close to the ground at the back corners.I thought about a leveling kit. Mine doesnt sag much its just a long plow.I havent put any ballast in it yet either since we havent had any snow yet.

On an 04 a leveling kit comes with new springs.Normally an extra spring above stock.Just getting rid of the rake in the front should help.
  8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

You should post some pics of the truck and plowwesport
  9. 04f350powerv-xt

I'm going to take some pics of it soon and I will post them. I'm going to get the front suspension beefed up a little bit too.