1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Deershack, May 13, 2010.

1. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Today is 5-13-2010. I posted a thread at 10:45 PM last night and two more early this morning around 2:15 AM. I just checked to see if there was any interest in them (4:35 PM ) and none of them show up under "New Posts" less then 24 hrs later. Whats happening?????????????

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

3. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I never "log out" of the site, simply close the window. I must be logged in since I have full use of the site to do the postings.

I just "logged out" and "logged back in". When I did and hit the "New Posts" button , I got a message that there were no new threads. I hit the line for threads in the last 24 hours and could see all 3 of my threads from yesterday and this one.

Right now if I hit "New Posts" , I get the same V message that there are no new threads, including this one. The only way I can see anything is to go back to the "last 24 hr" line.

4. Michael J. Donovan

once you logout, then the posts/threads are no longer "New Posts" so yes, you would have to choose to view "today's posts"

5. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

That's understandable. What I don't understand is that since I never logged out after my posting around 2:15 this morning, when I went back at 5 tonight, why did none of the posting show up in the "New Posts" They still don't, in fact the only thing that shows up right now is three posts since about 5PM.

In the past, I could come back after over 24 hrs and see all the postings. Now I can't.

6. Michael J. Donovan

once you are inactive at the site for some time then you are automatically logged out...meaning that the threads/posts that were made prior to your last visit are considered already read and not "new" any longer...only what has been posted since

7. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Has there been a change in the amount of time you are inactive before you are logged off? It makes sense to preserve bandwidth for this to happen. However, I have been off the site for over 48 hrs in the past and been able to revisit and see posts for those days. In this case, I was off the site for 14 hr and my posts don't show up. I had not logged off, rather I simply closed the window as I have done in the past.

I'm not trying to be argumenative. I am trying to set up a Minn meeting of members and I'm concerned that if I don't see the posts, I don't know if anyone else is seeing them either.

While your explanations make perfect sense regarding the operation of the site, they don't seem to address my problem where I'm gone for 14 hrs and the posts don't show up and where when I come back to the site and click New Posts, I don't get those posts but rather get a message of no new posts and then I have to click on 'last 24 hr posts'. Right now the only way I know of checking on the activity of my recent posts is to search for Minnesota andhen go through all the posts with that key word. Is there a better way to see them or to add days to the listings of "New Posts"?

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Lee, as I posted in the other thread, they shouldn't show up in your new posts list, since they aren't new, as you're the last one to post in them. Just as this thread wont display in my new posts list until someone else posts in it again. New posts aren't new if you're the one to post them...

9. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I saw your other reply. Thanks for the info.

Lee

10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

gggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr