1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Mark Oomkes, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wondering if there is any chance that vBulletin can be upgraded or the option added to the New Posts tab to have it show last hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 2 days etc? I know FTE has this and makes it nice when all the threads are marked as read after X amount of time has gone by.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

When I first came on a minute ago the envelope was open on this thread(unread). I read this thread and then refreshed the screen and the envelope in the left hand corner was closed. Showing the thread was viewed by me. Is that what you are talking about?

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not really, I don't know all the terminology. If I am on internet for a certain period of time, all the new posts and forums will not show that there are any new posts. Not sure how long this is. What FTE has is a drop-down box when you cliick on the New Posts tab that gives you the option of choosing all the new posts in the last hour, 2 hours, etc. So even if that amount of time goes by and all the new posts are marked as read, you can still choose to see all the new posts in a certain time frame.

Hopefully I explained it better that time.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Michael, the office manager/moderator would be the one to answer this question when he gets online.

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I will double check with our web master on whether or not we can add this as a feature to the site. We do have the "Today's Posts" link under "Quick Links", but from what you explained that is not the option you are referring to. I agree, that could be a nice added feature. Let me check into it and see if it is something we can and/or will be able to do.