1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Polycaster 1.5yrd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by vt properties, Nov 10, 2010.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Installed over the weekend, I used it 2 days ago, we had a snow,ice,slush event. I put 1 yard in of sand. The spreader worked great. It bridged once though, but I expected it to, the sand was wet. A yard filled the hopper pretty good, you could fit a bit more in though. Also anyone purchasing one make sure you check every bolt. There was a lot of loose bolts on this unit. I believe someone else on another thread had the same experience. If you look closley at the rear spinner deflector you can see DD modified it a bit from last years model, I guess so it throws material more evenly. I cleaned it out with a hose this morning and fluid filmed it pretty good. Also greased the fittings with a grease gun. Anyone have any suggestions on how often to check the pintel chain tension, or other chains? Thanks.

1110101516.jpg

1110101517.jpg

1110101517a.jpg

1110101517c.jpg

1110101518a.jpg

2. vt properties

from vermont

I;m going to install these lights on th bumber I think, and the LED on the pro rack mount. The light on the spreded is controlled by a upperfitter switch in the cab.

1110101604.jpg

3. vt properties

from vermont

Fluid film...my friend

poly2.jpg

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it's ready to rock!

5. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Looks good I hope those Carquest lights work good I just bought two of them.

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I really like the look of the new ones vs the old ones. The barn doors are alot nicer also.

I have the same style crib infront of mine only I have planks ontop so that you dont have to reach so far into the bed to get stuff. I think Im going to add a rubber flap on the end of my bumpers this year also to keep the salt off.

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Fluidfilm is your friend. I sell it by the case. Its the best stuff on earth!

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Does any of the sand hit your bumper?

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

looks great i just got a price on a 1.5 was thinking about it . just curiouse what did you pay for that ?

10. vt properties

from vermont

Good idea with the planks...I am going to buy a truck mudflap and put it under the spreader, seems like a good idea.

11. vt properties

from vermont

yes mainly on the right side, so a mudflap is in order...

12. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice pics!! Can't wait to see more pic's as winter plays out.

13. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

looks good like the spreader looks good .wesport:drinkup::sleeping:

14. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Did you bolt it down or just use the four tie-down straps ?

:cool:

15. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

I love having the extra space up in front of mine, I keep a little 2 stroke blower up there. Having the planks so you dont need to reach so far is a good idea, I will have to try that this year. Most everyone around me who has the poly sanders use 4 tie down straps to hold it in the truck.

I love the looks of your truck VT the green and black look sharp.

16. vt properties

from vermont

tie it down only with the wooden thing up front...

17. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice, you have a plow on the truck too?

18. vt properties

from vermont

Thats a great idea with the blower up front. Currently I have a ariens pro 28 which I keep onsite at a property, there is a lot of sidewalks and high walls, and no place to shovel the snow. Thanks for the comliment on the truck. I posted pics on a thread with the truck all clean, the tailgate is also lettered. Search 2009 F250 lettering or go to my statistics..

19. vt properties

from vermont

yes I have a 8' fisher mm2..