1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New poly edges for our 16' push boxes

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sk187, Oct 25, 2010.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

New poly edges just arrived today for our 16' push boxes.

They are in 4 8' sections and will replace the rubber edges.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

How much better can those really work as far as scraping and wear compared to a rubber edge? I would consider doing that to our pushers if it really was that good.

Where did you get the poly edges from?
  3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

From what I see on the forums and from what the salesmen said much better than rubber.

I had rubber for 3 years and its awful it leaves slush every where because it does not cut into the bottom layer of snow it just kind of floats.

This poly is supposed to last longer and cut as good as steel, it has a little flex to it so there is some forgiveness if you hit something.

Its expensive, whats in the picture was probably $2500
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, they get to be big bucks, I wanted a poly edge for my skid steer bucket and I was blown away at $400.00. It's only like 70" long.
  5. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Yeah its expensive but supposed to only wear 1/2" over 300+ hrs.

We replaced rubber every year at $400 per box.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would be really interested in how these do, over time.
  7. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Forget that. Dont you get paid to salt that slush???
  8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I have an arctic so I don't have that problem.....:drinkup:..... but my skid has the traditional rubber edge pusher... from what I hear the poly lasts a heck of alot more then the rubbers but I'll never know..... trading in the rubber edged push box for another arctic next year;)