1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Pole Barn this year!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 04WhiteSport, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

No more hooking up in the snow and not fitting in the garage! 35x 55 x 10 ceilings. I love my BARN!!! almost 2000 square ft, TV, Stereo, Water, Heat, AC, a BAR, concrete, wood deck soon to come under the overhang. 11 days to build 3 months to finish like I live there. I can live here when the wife is pissed at me for whatever reason this time.

2. 04WhiteSport

Please let it snow so I can pay this thing off!!! No snow yet this year, This weekend is New Years! My resolution: Plow lots of snow!!!!!
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice building you put up, wish I had the land for that.
  4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Looks great. Love all the trees in the background.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

congrats it looks very nice
  6. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Nice looking barn if you don't mind me asking what does something like that cost to put up.
  7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

dam exactly what im lookin to build ..... i assume you had it built .... but im curious as well for the total cost ..... my estimate was around 21 k for a 30 x 50 x 10 17 ' peek ....
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice building and steel siding and roofs the way to go.
  9. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Hard to see in the pictures....concrete floors?
  10. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

Nice job. You will enjoy it. Thumbs Up
  11. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

It looks great!!

What type of "poles" did you use?

I like the sand box with the digger for the kid.

In the last picture--is that the electric meter about 8' up off of the ground? Why so high up?

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

ive wondered about what it costs to do one yourself too. I'm thinking about trying it.
  13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Dude that is awesome.
  14. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have helped build several pole barns and it's a lot of work but with a group of guys and the right equipment its not that hard to do. And you can save yourself thousands.
  15. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

We have built all of ours at my families farm. Dad does contruction,one uncle is an electrician, one owns a concrete business, and other does UPS (good for parts delivery) and all together it took us a little over a month for our biggest shed (80X200) Of course others helped not just us 4. But with the right equipment it definatley did save a lot of time and $$$. Thumbs Up

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

around here it is 15.00 sf, that building with a decent crew is a couple days work, not hard at all,

i built one when i was 20 by myself, it took 2 weeks, my current slab on grade was a week to dry it in but i prefabbed everything on the deck and threw it up in a couple days.
  17. 04WhiteSport

Yes I built it myself with 2 other guys. We used 6x6 posts and prefab trusses. It wasn't real hard to build if u have a little common sence and the right tools.
    I bought a kit from Menards that was all the basic materials for about $15k. Concrete was another 9k, about 2 k for the electrical trench, power, fixtures, and plugs. I put 4 power outlets on each post which totals about 45 plugs. No need for an extension cord for me! I would say I have 30k in the whole thing. Still need to finish the porch and landscape around it but all in all, very happy with it. I was quoted around 46k to have it done turnkey. It was worth it to do it myself.
  18. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

What kind of light fixtures did you use. I have a 30x40 with florecent and I am not all that happy with them. I will say, I did cheep out by not having enough ( 7 - 4' double tube).
  19. DuraBird02

DuraBird02 Member

Nice setup! Wish i had some land....one day. Hey, a kid can dream can't he! LoL Looks good.
  20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks great. That would go perfectly on my lot here......if I could get away with it with the town. I just don't have the $30k ;)