1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Polaris 600!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Steve G., Feb 5, 2009.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Hey guys, just thought I would share some pics of our new polaris 600. New to us atleast!
    It's got a 60" glacier plow on it. I love the way the plow comes on and off in seconds! My only complaint is that the wear bar doesn't help protect the bottom of the plow... so i'm going to make my own soon.
    this thing has an extreme amount of power it's not even funny!wesport

oh and it only had 250mi and 56hr on it when we bought it! Perfect condition!

Not much snow I know...
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

And the lot we plow with it. I didn't realize that even though I raised the plow shoes so they wouldn't touch the ground... from the pictures it looks like they cought the ground anyway... hence the unscraped lot.

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice. that is one nice thing about the farmall plow on my quad. IT IS VERY VERY HEAVY.
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

good looking unit.

Glad you like it.

sublime out.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

get some metal babrbell weights and weld bolts to hold them on it'll be real nice and heavy then. nice lookin unit though.
  6. jimmy2b

jimmy2b Junior Member

I have the same plow and the wear bar was gone within a week of plowing. I replaced it with a 6" 3/8 flat bar. It is great and also acts as weight for the plow.
  7. Zach

Zach Senior Member

thats an awesome quad! and that blade is HUGE!!
  8. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Yeah, you should' a heard my dealer, he was like... are you sure you want a 60"?
    I got the big blade because we use it for a parking lot and the sidewalk in front... we have big sidewlks so it all works out!

I realized, after looking at the pictures, that even though I had raised the shoes all the way they were still touching the ground! I took them off and now i'm going to put a heavy duty wear bar on for weight and scrapability!

Thanks for all the compliments btw
    this machine is soooo powerfull! I have NOT been able to put it on full throttle yet even when plowing snow! It's too fast!