1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Oct 7, 2003.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anyone have any preferences between fisher minute mount2 western unimount or the meyers reason is i put a western ultra or unimount the new one and my cousin bent a pin are drive in better i use a Meyer's it take 5 minutes put i don't bend anything anyway if i could get some input on ease of putting plows on that would be great ty Chris :help:
  2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Fisher and western are by far the easiest plows to put on just drive in and pin them on. The uni-mounts took quite a while when i was putting them on but were alot easier than my conventional fisher. What type of meyer do you have a quick type where the lights come off or jsut the conventional where the lights stay on the truck. I have no experience with the meyer quick hitch or whatever they call it but it looks as fast as the others.
  3. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

The Blizzard plow is very quick to put on. The hydraulic hitch pulls the plow right on to the frame and aligns the pins holes even if you pull in on an angle. It takes less than a minute. It is very good system.
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Just got my new 8' Fisher MM2 plow installed last month, and I had to move it around a few times, and I would have to say that the new MM2 mounting setup is much easier and user friendly. Easier than the old original Minute Mount set up. No tool required to mount the plow unlike the original Minute Mount. I have no experience with Western but I know that alot of members are very happy with them too.

A couple other plows that I know of are pretty good are Boss and Blizzard. If you have a local dealer that sells them too, then don't be afraid to look at them too. I would not trust any Meyer plows.
  5. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I'm happy with my ulrta-mount, it takes me less than 30 seconds to hhok up. I don't think I'd ever trust an electric hook-up because what can go wrong will, Unless it has some kind of manual back up system.
  6. myo

myo Senior Member

I liked the MM1 and the MM2 is good too.
  7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

You cant go wrong with the Fisher MM1, MM2, or the Western UniMount or the UltraMount. I have the UniMount and I really like it, although it is kind of an old design compared to whats out there now, but it never failed me. I heard stories of UltraMounts becoming unattached from the truck, but who knows how true those stories are. From looking at how the UltraMount hooks up, it looks way easier and faster than the older UniMount system. Mike
  8. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I've heard stories (on here of course) of people saying they've heard of ultra-mounts coming off. but no one has actually said it has happened to them. It had me worried for a while when I first heard it so I constantly checked the pins to make sure nothing was coming loose but nothings even come close. I can see it happening if you don't get the pins fully engaged but that's operator error.:dizzy: