1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New (plowless) truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Menghi08F150LT, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

...For now.

Picked up a 2011 F250 SD a couple of weeks ago, figured I'd post it here as well. Regular cab, gas, XL package with a few options. On it's way right now is an Airaid intake, Corsa dB Performance exhaust and Fisher 8ft HD with a cutting edge.

Best pics I have right now, it has since gotten it's windows tinted and OEM foglights (weren't available on the truck, but plug n play install).

2. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

What kind of deal did you get on that?

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice truck. post some more pics once the plow is mounted
  4. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Real nice truck.
  5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Congrats !
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great looking truck. But, I hate them front "skirts" on the new Super Dutys. I'm looking forward to seing pictures with the plow.
  7. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

7Looks good man Id get a chrom grill, and some new wheels and keep those for plowing. Id also ditch the under bumper skirt. but all in all its great looking truck.
  8. Menghi08F150LT

Thanks for all of the feedback guys... I can't wait not only for the plow but for the goodies coming UPS :)

A little more on it, it was driven 80 miles from Port Jefferson NY to my dealer. I traded my F150 in, with my other truck which was a Ford Ranger with some damage on the doors. I was given an offer I can't refuse on it, it was good enough to where I own the truck outright. It was an offer I couldn't refuse, I had numerous problems with the F150 (it had 33k miles and it was on it's third alternator, second battery, the CEL came on every other week, and a faulty TPMS sensor) so I was happy to get rid of it. I sold the plow after removing the entire setup from the F150.

I had test driven a white one of these with the same exact configuration as this truck, and it had a Fisher 8ft HD on it. Seemed like it'd work well. Took the plow very well with no ballast in it. The only two issues were the price since they had actually used the truck to plow their lot this year (and we got about 4ft of snow) with them still wanting full price, and the color since I'm not a white fan.

I love it so far. Can't wait to get the plow on it and get it ready for next season.

njsnowremoval: I got the XL over XLT so I didn't get the chrome grill. I didn't think it looked good on the black trucks, which is the color I was after. I am planning on getting wheels but I'm taking it one step at a time.

mercer: I agree. The issue is there's two brackets, one on each side, that mount it on and they hang down with it removed. Without cutting them off I have no other choice. I guess I have to get used to it, I don't like it either.

from Chicago

great truck let me if it has alot more power than the old 5.4
  10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I have driven a 2011 f-350 drw with a flat bed and the new gaser. you cannot even compare it to an old 5.4. It's Faster, torqueyer, sounds way meaner, and doesn't have exhaust manifolds leaking once a week. Congrats on the purchases, I'm glad someone was able to walk away with a deal that left them fully satisfied.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A nice boss VXT would look real nice of the front of that thing.
  12. Menghi08F150LT

It has a LOT more than the 5.4. The other truck I considered buying was an 09 XLT that was traded in with 8,000 miles on it... with a snow dogg plow. The 6.2 has a lot more get up and go to it, and it does sound a lot better even though it doesn't have a nice exhaust on it yet. I'm getting better economy too over what I would have gotten with the 5.4 truck, from what I've been working out I'm averaging about 14 with 80% city driving since I've been joyriding a lot around town, on our winter blend of gas.

RBRONKEMA- Fisher for me , preference and I have an installer in the family
  13. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Looking sweet!
  14. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Looks good. Would drive me nuts without a sliding rear window though.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd go stainless then. It'd look freakin sweet.
  16. mercer_me

Plus, the Xblade has a better atack angle then the regular HD. From what I have heard the Xblade scrapes alot better then the HD.
  17. Menghi08F150LT

I was going to get the X-blade but I don't really have a use yet for a plow like that. I plow three driveways right now, but with this truck I do plan on doing more commercial work. Plus I got the best deal on the HD, and they had it in (two left actually). I could've gotten the plow installed at the business but my uncle is doing it at his house Saturday so I don't pay install fees. Should the need arise in the future I wouldn't mind selling the HD and keeping the setup for a similar year X-blade.
  18. Menghi08F150LT

Well I only took one picture today. I adopted a 3 month old Lab/Husky mix yesterday and had limited time... she came with me to do the install today and spent some time with my baby cousin and now they're the best of friends. By the time I got home she had to eat and do her business, she's not housebroken yet so I had to watch over her.

The plow is off of the truck, but it made it home safe. I put it back on to take a couple of pics tomorrow, I will have some down time since I am working on crate training with the pup.

19. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Wow. Must be nice. The snow here in Cleveland doesnt care how old my truck is, or what it costs.
    But that is a nice rig.
  20. mercer_me

The plow looks good. I'm looking forward to seing more pictures of it. How do you like the Minute Mount 2 system?