1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stevedave, Aug 27, 2005.

1. stevedave

stevedave Junior Member
    from utah

i am new to the site and look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible. what type of plow should i use for a 89 ford bronco ll . And what will i need to do to the truck itself to get ready for winter plowing!
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Do a pictures forum search on Fernanldude I believe hes got 4 of them and done up very nicely i must say.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I plowed for 4 years with a 86 Bronco II with a 6' Meyer standard plow.
    I had manual locking hubs, added heavy duty Munroe cargo coil springs, heavy duty Monroe shocks. Call an automotive electrical shop and see if they can build you a bigger alternator. The standard 60 amp is not big enough!
    I had a 100 amp built and ran a huge battery (900 CCA) and it did much better then before. The Dana 28 front axle tends to eat U-joints when it's worked hard, so be aware it will break them. The truck eats rear breaks so learn to replace them if you can.
    The trucks's sitting in the drive right now,someone bought it and it's going bye, bye tomorrow,I will shed a few tears to see it go.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Oh I forgot to mention, a Bronco II will need a "2 meter plow".
    Meyer made them,try calling places that install "used plows" they may have one. But be quick cause, a lot of people may be looking right now. An S-10 mount can be used but bumper tabs need to be added to it to mount the bumper. Good installers will be able to help you a lot!