1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plower with question on pricing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 94Yota, Oct 15, 2004.

1. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to the plowing business and was wondering how to price driveways? What should I charge for a drive that's 2 cars wide, 4 cars deep and straight. What should I charge for a drive that 100ft long that leads into a 2 car garage and is steep.

Thanks

2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Welcome to the site. :waving:

There are too many variables to accurately answer this question. I see you're from upstate NY, you'll get lower rates than others such as in the mid-west. To add insult, we have more expensive GL and Commercial Veh insurance.

That said (in an attempt to reduce lowballers here), I would probably be asking $25 for the first and $35 for the second. Keep in mind that there are variables that you do not mention, and I would never quote a job sight unseen.

I try to get $125/hr doing residentials. That may not do you much good, with you not knowing how long each will take. 10 minutes is probably close (depending on travel time).

You may not be able to get subbing jobs with your Toyota, but it might be worth looking into.

Good luck.

3. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

small world

I'm in Endwell! I'm not going to be doing anything other than driveways right now, and only a few of those. I'm not to worried about subbing, I wouldn't have the time to unless it was on a weekend.

later