1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plower Questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowingcanuck, May 27, 2011.

1. plowingcanuck

plowingcanuck Junior Member

Hi, I have a Boss V-Plow and I am wondering how often I should expect to replace trips springs? Also, does anyone know if Boss is coming out with a trip edge? Thanks for your help.

tymusic

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They have a trip edge straight blade. I asked them via email if they are as there is a lot of rumors going around about it and they told me no they are not coming out with a trip edge vee. The trip springs shouldn't be a issue. Aslong as they aren't over tightened they should be fine.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have few extra wing springs and bolts in your truck though.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

.............x2

5. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

It is always good to have a spare parts kit just in case!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. plowingcanuck

plowingcanuck Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback.

tymusic
    Go Canucks!

7. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I did have a problem with the wing spring bolts backing themselves out and my springs would be loose.
    I had to give them a few turns when I would go out to plow.
    I need to change the lock nuts on them. Never had an issue with the trip springs.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Double up the nuts Nate, one on each side of the eye bolt bracket. Doing so also saves it from beating up the bracket if a spring does let go.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One on each side,works good.

boss bolt 2.jpg

10. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Good point. That would be better. I will have to do that when I replace the push frame. Not sure if I told you or not but I got what I thought was a fair deal on the push frame, blades, and bolt kit online. Weather hasn't been cold enough to motivate me to install it. :)
    Not to high jack the thread ......