1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mike1316, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

hey just wanted to ask .how hard is it to put 8ft v on a 06 chevy 2500hd . i was thinking i would do it myself just wanted to ask or should i have them install it .

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The install is totally do able by yourself. Take the 3 to 400 extra your gonna save and buy some beer with it.

The mount requires no drilling. NO DRILLING, unlike the fords and dodges. It doesn't even require you to take off your bumper. The wiring is all plug and play also. Just follow the instructions and if you get stuck just ask on here. Also use red thread locker on your mount bolts. Don't tighten all your bolts until everything is on as far as the actual mount goes.

3. hdbagger23

hdbagger23 Junior Member
    from iowa

Just put a 7'6" poly on an 02 chevy really pretty easy just take your time boss has all the instructions , wiring diagrams and anything else you need on their web site.