1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by trgcobra, Dec 3, 2009.

1. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

I'm currently looking to put a new plow on my 2008 F-250 and I'm torn between the Meyer and Blizzard plows.

I primarily plow family driveways (residential). Two of the driveways, including mine, are primarily dirt and about 1500 ft long.

Any advantage of one plow over the other?

I was looking at the 7'6" plows over the 8'.

Looking for some advice.

Thanks!

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should put a 8' plow on your truck. Why do you think you want a 7.5' plow?

3. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

I have an 8'6" plow on my old truck which I'm selling, and I find that in some cases, it's just too big. I'm certainly not ruling out the 8', but I'm more focused on the brand right now. I'm torn between the Meyer and Blizzard. My current plow is a Blizzard and I really do like it, but I want to make sure I'm looking at all my options before buying the Blizzard.

Thanks!

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Cobra. Welcome to Plow Site. I have an 8ft Meyers Poly. It works good like a lot of other guys claim of their Meyers. I have read so many posts degrading Meyers that I wouldn't even think about buying another one. I've never owned a Blizzard or plowed with one, but the guys that have them swear by them as they can move more snow than any other plow depending how they are set up. The new thing is that they now want to buy the older models as the new Blizzards are not as strong as the older ones. It's very important to get one that has good dealer support. Not like my dealer that said you wouldn't need to fix it if you had a Western, He sells both, but he sure didn't like Meyers.
    If you start reading some back posts, you will see a wealth of information. Once you can use the Search button you may find a lot about any plow. Good Luck.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Buy the Blizzard but remember dealer service and support is VERY important
    Get at least an 8' plow or it will be narrower then the truck when fully angled

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Why Meyer...Why Blizzard...Why Not Fisher or Western....Are those the only dealers near you..If so go with the Blizzard..Dealer support is a big thing...Go with the 8 footer, the 7'6" is to small for that truck...

7. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

I have Blizzard, Meyer, Western, and Fisher dealers closeby. I have had the most experience with the Blizzard Dealer, and that is the brand I had on my 87 F-250. I was happy with their service and the brand, but wanted to get some other opinions to make the best decision for my 08 F-250. I'm fairly certain that I'm sticking with the Blizzard. They have the best price, and for me, it's a known. Thanks again for all the input!!

8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Yeah if the Blizzard is what you like, and what you know about, why change. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

9. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Exactly! Service you receive from a dealer is considered paramount. If it's what you know than go for it. I would also suggest an 8'. It covers your wheel base when angled