1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lumps, Sep 26, 2008.

1. lumps

lumps Senior Member

So, I finally got my new plow today. It's a Western 8' Pro Plow. I had been hoping for another Boss V, but I got a really good deal on this one. Plus, I can run Ultra or Uni mount blades with the bracket it has. :D

Anyway, it's gonna need to be sanded and painted, then it should be looking pretty good. Here's a pic from when I got home of it and my engine hoist in the back of the truck. Those things are great, got the plow in and out by myself! And oh yeah, my driveway is gonna be great fun to go up and down with the plow on this winter. :dizzy:

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I take it you shovel your driveway? Lets see it when it's done.

3. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Used a snowblower before. I'd love to be able to do it with the truck this year, but I think it'll be more of a pain than it's worth, haha.

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good find man, Gv will help you come shovel!

5. grandview

Sorry getting to old to shovel.

[​IMG]

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

where do you find these pics GV?? Also the girl needs to be in a bikini...:D.....but maybe not; at your age you could have a heat attack. ;)

7. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Family photo album, of course.

:jester:

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

heck with sanding. nock off the loose stuff with wire wheel and brush . then grab a can of rustoleum paint sunburst red and roller and 1-2 inch wide brush and coat it 1-2 good times. holds up super on my plow all last season no problems.

looks like a good plow setup deal.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good, can't wait to see pics of it on the truck

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks good, and sweet idea with the engine hoist. That's what I use all of the time loading and unloading and it works great!!

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn, that's a tight driveway!

12. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Got the plow installed, it was actually pretty quick and easy for the most part. Now it's time to strip and paint the thing.

[​IMG]

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Should be an easy one to strip b/c it's 90% there already. May as well get a new cutting edge and add a deflector while you're at it.

14. grandview

You must be a skinny guy to get out of the truck with it in the driveway!

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

if yah don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

16. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Got it for just under $1,000, complete with the Ultra/Uni mount bracket for my truck (it'll accept both styles) and all wiring/controller. Bit of a drive to get it, but it was still cheaper than anything around here, and I made it into a road trip, haha.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Smokin deal!!!

18. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Small Drive and good deal!

19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dont forget to soak that bad boy in fluid film!:waving:

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

so I guess I f@cked up on passing up a 2003 8' with much better paint, but no wiring or truck bracket for $650....