1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yamaguy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have been looking for a new plow and was wondering what everybody thinks about Hiniker? Is it a dependable and tough brand? I can buy a new 8' straight blade for $3100, and there is a 2 year old 8 footer by me and the guy wants $2000. I can get it for less, but I would need the mount and wiring. Thanks in advance, Dale
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

personally i am not a fan of hiniker thats what we have at work and they are the ones always broken and getting fixed the boss plows we have seem to work a hell of a lot better and are much tougher. just my .02
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I personally don't like the Hiniker, but the price sounds real good. It depends how much you really have to do with it. A friend of mine has one and really likes it.
  4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I have an 8 ft hiniker and I love it. I've beat the hell out of it. Hope that helps
  5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

hiniker plow

I just sold my 94 dodge with an 8' hiniker plow that was put on new in 1994. the plow still worked great and I never had a problem with it. I bought a hiniker 9 1/2' v-plow on ebay for $3995.00 to put on my 02 dodge which is my new plow truck. Hiniker makes a great product as far as I'm concerned. I know of several people that have had them with very few problems.
  6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I personally dislike the plow. I believe it is no match to a Western or Boss snowplow.
    Compare the two side by side and you will see the difference.

Does the Hiniker work? yes
    Are people happy? yes
    Are parts available in your local area?
    The plow may be cheap but your down time is not.
    If you break, do you see many other Hinikers in your area you could buy/borrow to get you thru? Many areas are BRAND strong,when you see all BOSS, or WESTERN, chances are parts availability are 95% someone will have something to get you thru the plow event.

Goodluck with your decision, Plowtech.:waving:
  7. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

not a fan,western or boss proven,tested ,trusted