1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mbsix2, Dec 23, 2005.

1. mbsix2

mbsix2 Junior Member

I have finally bought a plow for my '03 F-350. A Fisher 8'6" V-Plow with Fish-Stick. So far I really like it. I went with Fisher for several reasons, but most importantly because the dealer network around me is the strongest of any manufacturer. Although not new to this site, this is my first post - and I am sure not my last :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  2. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

looks good were are you in NH? Im from rochester
  3. Pete7

Pete7 Member

Keep us up to date on how it works out. I just got the same plow this year and love it. But I almost had a heart attack the first time out plowing it froze up twice, turns out that there can be air in the hyraulics that works itself out and then you are low on fluid. I am curious to see if you have the same thing. But the plow is awesome, I can not imagine ever using a stright blade again.
    Good luck,
  4. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

My......nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, ain't she pretty.........:)
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

very nice truck and plow. the fisher/western v plows are the only v plows worth owning imo. very wise choice and best of luck with it:drinkup:
  6. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

great lookin setup....thanks for sharin pics:drinkup: :drinkup:
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet looking set-up. We have a 9'6", you might want to take the cutting edge off for the first year.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nice, I have an 04 F-350 with the 8'6 Fisher V and it is great, I like it, only regret is that sometimes on larger parking lots I wish I had the 9'6.
    Nice set-up
  9. mbsix2

mbsix2 Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up - I will watch for it. Wouldn't ya know that I get the plow, and Mother Nature decides to turn up the heat outside :(

Thanks for the great comments and suggestions guys!