1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hd2500, Nov 17, 2005.

1. hd2500

hd2500 Junior Member

Here's some pics of my new (and first) plow - 8' trip edge Curtis, I put timbrens on, and bought an extra center console insert where I mounted the joystick. Can't wait to try everything out.

2. hd2500

hd2500 Junior Member

My pics stink

My pictures are horrible - maybe I'll try again... later...
  3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

why did you get that plow. looks sweet though
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

find a better mount for that controller youre gonna miss that space
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Congrats o the new plow! Looks great.

6. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

nice truck and plow.. i dont even think i can see the front end sagging
  7. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Good looking truck and plow. :drinkup:
  8. hd2500

hd2500 Junior Member

Why Curtis?

The Curtis dealer was the closest to me - 20min. vs. almost an hour for Fisher or Western. The Timbrens make so much of a difference - keeps front end up between 2 and 3 inches higher, truck "feels" better when driving, less sway on turns and less front end drop when braking.
  9. Scott R

Scott R Member

Your controles won't last long in that location, if you plan on making time.
    Too slow, your right hand needs to be shifting into reverse while lifting the blade, etc.payup
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Lets hear you say that when the plow is off, the timbrens will make you truck ride alot stiffer with no weight on the front. I had them on my 03 250, it felt great with the plow on, but when off it felt like it had wooden wheels:dizzy:

They very easy to put on so in the summer I took them off and put the factory bump stops back on.
  11. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Nice rig man! Sweet set up. Good luck with it. :waving: