1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Native28, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Native28

Native28 Junior Member
    from MD

Im thinking of getting a Boss 7' 6' steel superduty for my 2014 GMC 2500 Anyone had any problems? Just curious

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Too small,needs to be at least an 8.2

3. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

I agree with grandview. We bought an 8'2" V-XT for a 05 chevy 2500HD and a 9'2" V-XT for a 3500 cummins last fall. After last winter (we didn't get much snow at all) but from the few plowable storms we did have I wish we went with 2 9'2"s. If you have small tight lots or small alley ways to clear I would stick with an 8' and maybe get some wings for larger lots.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Too small. If you're stuck on staying with a straight blade (and I can't figure out why people still buy straight blades) you need a minimum of an 8', and preferably 8'-6"

5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Have to agree with above. Get NO smaller than a 8 footer.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with a 9.2 VXT or 9.2 DXT

7. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I have a 7 1/2' standard duty I ran on my 2010 F150 and am moving it to me 2015 F150....No issues at all...but if you have a 3/4 ton...Go big. My helper at work bought the 9'3''V ....he has a 2500 Chevy.

8. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

Where are all the new 2015 F150 truck owners ??

9. Ret_PurpleHeart

Ret_PurpleHeart Junior Member

lol...NEW F150s.. Just bough a 83 F250, 4X4. ( Inline 6Cyl, Manual) with an old speed cast plow.. gonna give her a tune up and work around for the camp road this year. Can any one tell me where the identifiers on the plow should be? She is old but solid, just dont seem to be any plate or stamps.. But Truck and Plow appear to work great. Just want to do some Preventive Maintenance on the Plow set up. besides tell me to throw it away..any advice is appreciated.
    Just retired, want to take over the road, Dad thinks i am nuts..but he used to use a Chevy 80s model..lol Will post picts , when I can figure out my "smart" phone.

10. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

You could do an 8'2 with wings or a 9'2 without wings?

11. Ret_PurpleHeart

Ret_PurpleHeart Junior Member

can you put wings on an old plow?, she is 8ft